Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Ward
Member #

Hello Everyone. I am new to OLB and to over landing in general. I live in Baton Rouge, LA. Glad to be apart of a community.
Rig:
(daliy driver)
1995 Ford F150 XLT Single Cab Long wheelbase 2wd open diff 5.0L 302 (profile pic)
Welcome, you wont find too many 2wd overland people, but with that being said I use a 2wd jeep WJ. Good tires, a rear locker and a winch you can take it most places the 4x4s go. Glad to have you in the group!

BRoverland

Rank I

Contributor III

Same here
Cool, I've only made a couple quick half day trips with the Jeep so far, one through the Sherburne WMA, and one through the Old Tunica Rd. Both are within 45 minutes of BR. Sherburne is all gravel roads, not much to see, but there are some large bayous for fishing or kayaking. Old Tunica Road was a fun drive, very hilly, and could get tricky if its wet.

I'm hoping to scout out Homochitto and Kisatchie soon, looks like both have plenty of dirt forest roads to explore. Homochitto is only about an hour away it seems.

JonathanMColeman

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cool, I've only made a couple quick half day trips with the Jeep so far, one through the Sherburne WMA, and one through the Old Tunica Rd. Both are within 45 minutes of BR. Sherburne is all gravel roads, not much to see, but there are some large bayous for fishing or kayaking. Old Tunica Road was a fun drive, very hilly, and could get tricky if its wet.

I'm hoping to scout out Homochitto and Kisatchie soon, looks like both have plenty of dirt forest roads to explore. Homochitto is only about an hour away it seems.
Sounds awesome if you want someone to tag along on the trip let me know. I recently got a new to me Jeep (1993 Jeep Cherokee)

Reactions: Leeaekdb