Lost Coast Trip last week !

• HTML tutorial

onedaatmc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colfax, California
Member #

Its so beautiful there ... but currently only the 1st 6 miles in ( 5 to the beach ) are open ... with all the rain we had this year , the rest of the road up to Shelter cove is closed, from what I found out ...Also that beach is NOT a good place to go on the weekend , I've read about it from several searches of Usal Rd and Sinkyone state beach ... lots of idiots out doing stupid stuff, shooting guns all hours of the night , blasting music all nite, based on the reviews I read... So I went during the week last week ... I was the only one there ! it was so nice and peaceful !

Reactions: Justin_0237

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Its so beautiful there ... but currently only the 1st 6 miles in ( 5 to the beach ) are open ... with all the rain we had this year , the rest of the road up to Shelter cove is closed, from what I found out ...Also that beach is NOT a good place to go on the weekend , I've read about it from several searches of Usal Rd and Sinkyone state beach ... lots of idiots out doing stupid stuff, shooting guns all hours of the night , blasting music all nite, based on the reviews I read... So I went during the week last week ... I was the only one there ! it was so nice and peaceful !
I've heard it is really rutted after the beach.

onedaatmc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colfax, California
Member #

It's fairly smooth up to the gate where its closed , so I couldn't tell you whats past it , this was the first time for me going there . I'd imagine though downed trees, and washed out rds is the fare up there ... can't wait till it opens though , I can't wait to go back ! I hear the rd past shelter cove is open though and that it goes another 40 miles -ish . Supposedly , The Lost Coast is the remotest stretch of beach in the lower 48 states , from what I read...so I had to go !

Reactions: Crispy

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

It's fairly smooth up to the gate where its closed , so I couldn't tell you whats past it , this was the first time for me going there . I'd imagine though downed trees, and washed out rds is the fare up there ... can't wait till it opens though , I can't wait to go back ! I hear the rd past shelter cove is open though and that it goes another 40 miles -ish . Supposedly , The Lost Coast is the remotest stretch of beach in the lower 48 states , from what I read...so I had to go !
It's on the must do's this year for me. Great post. Any pictures if your camp site?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Overland Bound Talk mobile app