• HTML tutorial

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

Hello Northern Neighbors!

I am planning a camping trip up into lower BC (within a couple of hours from the border) and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some campgrounds! Preferably they would involve driving on dirt to get there. So far I have looked hard at 20-mile bay campground and Jones Lake campground. Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

Hello Northern Neighbors!

I am planning a camping trip up into lower BC (within a couple of hours from the border) and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some campgrounds! Preferably they would involve driving on dirt to get there. So far I have looked hard at 20-mile bay campground and Jones Lake campground. Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
There are numerous trails near Koocanusa and Hwy 93 going to the US border.

Reactions: Truckerbizz

delkeir

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Summerland, BC
Member #

Conkle Lake Provincial Park is a great spot. Forestry site with a 26km gravel road to get in. Turn off Hwy 3 (Crowsnest) just before you drop down into Rock Creek. There is a sign on the hwy you can't miss.

Reactions: Truckerbizz

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

I'm not sure if you're looking for provincial campgrounds or a more "off the grid" type experience. If it's the latter I would recommend the Whipsaw trail, which is nothing to serious and located about 3 hours from Vancouver. It can be done in two days and offers plenty of camping along the way with alpine meadows and lakes. If you go this route, you must remember to adhere to conservation laws so as to not damage the wildlife (which carries hefty fines).

Rawimage.ca

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
First Name
AJ
Last Name
Gagnon
Member #

Will be coming into BC from US on hwy 93 from border up to Radium hot springs, any nice "off the grid" camping, trails worth diverting to while driving up there? I'm planning to be there mid September, if fly fishing is worthwhile I'd get a temp license based on recommendations.

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

Grab a copy of the backroads mapbook for the area you will be visiting. Likely thr kootenay or okanagan book. Tons of options in there with good write ups too.