Baerrito93

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dallas
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Gullett
Hey everyone! My wife and I are looking for a trailer along the lines of an Escapod or TC Teardops. We are not only looking for these brands but we really like the layout and utility they offer. Any suggestions to a good used one would be much appreciated!
Thank you!

untraversed

Rank V

Enthusiast I

Julian, Guilford County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Wyatt
Member #

Service Branch
Army & Air Force
Hey everyone! My wife and I are looking for a trailer along the lines of an Escapod or TC Teardops. We are not only looking for these brands but we really like the layout and utility they offer. Any suggestions to a good used one would be much appreciated!
Thank you!
I've been in the market for the same and have seen quite a few great options out there but prices are all over the place...seems I've come across decently priced trailers with long build times, and some shorter build times with steep prices...bare bones to the Taj Mahal. I'm from NC and love Blue Ridge Expedition...pretty top end prices but a reasonable build time and bulletproof quality. I've visited the shop twice and was thoroughly impressed... I just can't quite afford that level at the moment. Expedition Trailers,Teardrop Trailers,Off RoadTrailers, Adventure Trailer
Hiker Trailer has great options at good prices but the build time for an overland trailer is 12 months at the moment.
If you want something smaller and without a huge amount of bells and whistles, Vintage Overland produces some super cool, retro trailers but they're not cheap. The owners are incredibly nice and responsive Vintage Inspired. Craftsmen Built. Caravans. | Vintage Overland
Of course there are a LOT more I've missed but just a few I've encountered...Going to one of the Overland Expos will give you lots of eyes-on as well. About WEST — Overland Expo®
Hope this helps a little

Reactions: Citizen Rob

Baerrito93

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dallas
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Gullett
I've been in the market for the same and have seen quite a few great options out there but prices are all over the place...seems I've come across decently priced trailers with long build times, and some shorter build times with steep prices...bare bones to the Taj Mahal. I'm from NC and love Blue Ridge Expedition...pretty top end prices but a reasonable build time and bulletproof quality. I've visited the shop twice and was thoroughly impressed... I just can't quite afford that level at the moment. Expedition Trailers,Teardrop Trailers,Off RoadTrailers, Adventure Trailer
Hiker Trailer has great options at good prices but the build time for an overland trailer is 12 months at the moment.
If you want something smaller and without a huge amount of bells and whistles, Vintage Overland produces some super cool, retro trailers but they're not cheap. The owners are incredibly nice and responsive Vintage Inspired. Craftsmen Built. Caravans. | Vintage Overland
Of course there are a LOT more I've missed but just a few I've encountered...Going to one of the Overland Expos will give you lots of eyes-on as well. About WEST — Overland Expo®
Hope this helps a little

Excellent I look forward to checking these out! Thank you very much for your help!!

Reactions: untraversed

untraversed

Rank V

Enthusiast I

First Name
Tony
Last Name
Wyatt
Member #

Service Branch
Army & Air Force
Excellent I look forward to checking these out! Thank you very much for your help!!
You're welcome! Good luck! I decided to go bare bones and build my way up ...so I'm starting that process now ,as best I can from Africa haha...I'm currently deployed with the military and looking forward to getting home to work on it!
All the best!

Baerrito93

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dallas
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Gullett
You're welcome! Good luck! I decided to go bare bones and build my way up ...so I'm starting that process now ,as best I can from Africa haha...I'm currently deployed with the military and looking forward to getting home to work on it!
All the best!
Are you building from the trailer up? I have been looking into what it would take to do my own build. lol Im sure planning out this project helps you manage your time over there!

untraversed

Rank V

Enthusiast I

First Name
Tony
Last Name
Wyatt
Member #

Service Branch
Army & Air Force
Are you building from the trailer up? I have been looking into what it would take to do my own build. lol Im sure planning out this project helps you manage your time over there!
Actually,no...I'm buying a trailer from a company called Weeroll and outfitting it a little at a time. They have a few offroad options , but like I said ,bare-bones...if you don't mind building up yourself, it's definitely the economical route. Most of their trailers are all aluminum frames with Dexter torsion axles. I saw potential and decided "I can do this!" Lol
Definitely keeps my brain on things other than the flies, malaria-laden mosquitoes and various other things that want to kill me haha

untraversed

Rank V

Enthusiast I

First Name
Tony
Last Name
Wyatt
Member #

Service Branch
Army & Air Force

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
Check out new wave teardrops. We purchased one last year, and are very happy with it. Build quality is top notch and very affordable . The owner Bobby is excellent in every way.

Retired

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Discovery Bay, CA.
First Name
CJ
Last Name
H.
Member #

I'm more of the traditional looking teardrop. We purchased a SoCal 459 Krawler in 2017 or should I say placed my order and picked up up n April 2018. Great trailers. Had it off road more than a few times, Mojave Trail, Usal Beach, Death Valley, Escape Trail to name a few. Nice thing is you can add to it later if you don't want to spend a lot. Mine was $31,000.00 out the door, but it was fully loaded. Plus tires and wheels to match my rig then. Never had any issues with it, love it, one tough teardrop. Something you never think about is, here in California the speed limit is 55 mph while pulling a trailer so it slows you down a little, I pull it at 60 and the CHP leave me alone. But I've realized that it's kinda nice because you're able to look around a little more driving slower. On the trail I think it rides better then the rigs I'm pulling it with. I suggest renting one first to see if that's the way you want to go. We rented one from "Off-the-Grid" in San Diego a year before ordering one. Like it so much we purchased one once we saved up enough. Condon Peak Trip 10-19-18a.jpg.pngPrewitt Ridge.jpgPrewitt Ridge.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bvanaski

bvanaski

Rank 0

Contributor I

Mountain View, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Vanaski
After several weeks of research I decided to get a trailer from Escapod Trailers They have an 11 month build time currently. I originally wanted to get the TerraDrop TerraDrop ALPHA but the Escapod website made it easier to understand what I was getting and all the available options. The Escapod seems to be nearly as capable As the TerraDrop and Comes in at a high price but fair price based on other trailers I’ve seen.

We have 3 kids so my wife and I can sleep in the trailer and the kids in the rooftop tent.

I’ll share more when I get it in June 2021.