Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

Check out Morris Mules They are located here in Alabama. Very nice quality trailer that won't break the bank. If you are into some DIY check out Dinoot. They have some really great routes you can go. You can base the trailer off a Harbor Freight trailer and upgrade the axles or you can go the welded frame route. Great directions. I have actually been thinking about going this route myself.

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

What kind of vehicle would you be using to tow? You can save quite a bit of money building on an old military trailer (M416 or CDN M101) but they can be hard to come by, a bit overpriced and condition can vary greatly

Reactions: Correus

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

What kind of vehicle would you be using to tow? You can save quite a bit of money building on an old military trailer (M416 or CDN M101) but they can be hard to come by, a bit overpriced and condition can vary greatly
I like the Morris Mules concept, but vegasjeepguy is right. You can save a lot of money making your own. The military trailers are great, unfortunately they can be expensive. You can find trailers similar to military ones, especially on Craigslist.

Best thing about building your own - you can customize it to meet your requirements. The professionally built trailers can so be customized, but it needs to be done up front (at least if you have them do it). You might end up having something added you don't need but need something you didn't add. Making your own allows you the luxury of testing and modifying as you go along.

northern nomad

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Will
Last Name
Kearney
Member #

Check out Morris Mules They are located here in Alabama. Very nice quality trailer that won't break the bank. If you are into some DIY check out Dinoot. They have some really great routes you can go. You can base the trailer off a Harbor Freight trailer and upgrade the axles or you can go the welded frame route. Great directions. I have actually been thinking about going this route myself.
thanks for the suggestion. i will check them out.

Jeff Swain

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Springfield, Missouri
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Swain
Member #

I went with custom built trailer frame. I found a local trailer shop and gave them my blueprints. My 5 x 8 trailer with 3500 lb axle is made from 11 gauge 2 x 4 galvanized steel. The frame, axles and labor cost $800. I provided tires and am doing my own lights and fenders. It is very heavy duty and should last a lifetime. For me it was easier than rebuilding an old trailer and didn't cost that much.