Rank V

Advocate III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Shae
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Since it's only me, I picked up an easy sealing ammo storage container to put the plastic bag with coconut litter. Hope my accuracy is good or I may end up duct tapping the bag to my ass! I'm also not sure how long my unused coconut husk stash will last. I broke up a couple of dried blocks, maybe 3-4 gallons volume. Soaked one piece in the bag with some water to fluff it up some. I hear pine needles, leaves, sawdust will work to some degree.
The self sealing ammo can is a great idea that I may steal for storing the bags themselves. Not sure I have the accuracy for using it as the loo itself, lol.

PeteCole

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Carmichael, CA, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Cole
Member #

I use these:

Double Doodie

I haven't had to keep it in the cab with me after camping. But the internal bag can be zip-tied and/or rolled and then the outer bag seals and is fairly heavy duty (pun intended). The key is not to over fill the inner bag so you can easily seal it. And you can throw them in the trash.

Reactions: PyroTek_98_23

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

"However, I travel with my wife and this is not an option for various reasons that are not important right now."

Now that opens a can of worms lol.

But seriously, we hit every gas station and restaurant and grocery store and road side pull out. In the morning, we head for the closest one.

My wife and I both hate the porta potties, cassette things, even flush toilets in big RVs that must be dumped. We carry a shovel, plus a frame/seat thing but only use it if we ate something disagreeable..... ps, diet can reduce the need for a toilet dramatically. Research what long distance runners and tri athletes eat so they never need to stop. We are not religious on the diet thing but if a tri athlete can swim 5 miles, bike 100 miles, run a marathon without needing to stop...... it is worth finding out what they eat.

actually what they don't eat is maybe as important

Reactions: Dusther210

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Option1. Trade in the wife for a more adventurous model.

Option2. Fast. As in, quit eating. No food, no poop.

Option4. My favorite disposable toilet is a Catterpillar air filter. Keep its box. The air filter has a flat rubber top. Absorbant media. And is toilet height.

Option5. Camper with a cassette toilet and Outdoor shower.

Option6. Jump in lake and do the hippopotamus thing.

Option7. Grab some lead. Take a deep breath. Sink to the bottom of the ocean and perform the war hammer manuever.

Option8. Oh, look. A perfectly clean sidewalk.

Option9. Magic bucket with a snap on seat. Trash compactor bags are extra thick and tough. Nobody locks their trasharoos, so donate to the one on the landrover.

Last edited:

shansonpac

Rank V

Traveler III

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Hanson
Member #

OK, I know that everyone just digs a hole and does what the bears do. However, I travel with my wife and this is not an option for various reasons that are not important right now.
My current set-up is a "Luggable-Loo". I use the Campco bags with the jell powder, but no matter what I try, there is still a foul smell that makes it so I have to haul the thing on the roof rack. I also have a privacy pop-up tent that turns it into a make-shift out house.
The tent works great, the toilet not so much. I have seen other threads talking about this subject, but hey all seem to revolve around different "thrones" but they all seem to use a bag of some sort.
Anyone tried anything else that does not use a bag and could be stored inside the rig? Some kind of Potta-Potty/Cassette toilet?
Love my Thetford cassette toilet. Easy to haul and maintain. No smell.