Traveler III

Hermitage, Pa
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Longley
Member #

Hello all,

My girlfriend and I are heading to the area late July and I would like to drive out and explore some trails with a mostly stock '23 Tacoma Off-road with Expedition One sliders. By then I hope to have some K02's, maybe 1.5" lift, a winch? (already have recovery basics like straps and such) Looking for trail recommendations, maybe an over night camping trip suggestion? We are not new to wheeling, exploring or camping and she used to live in the area, but I have never been to CO. She has a few trail suggestions which were Holy Cross, Deckers, Pikes Peak, Mt Evans.

Through some internet searches I found some cool stuff, but then it wasn't very close to that area. As an example of something I would like to do is the Alpine Loop which is about 65 miles, but not close for this trip. Doesn't have to be this long, but would love to explore as much as possible maybe find some waterfalls, ghost towns, etc. Also see a 36 mile trip to Taylor Lake near Aspen.

The one caveat is that I am not big on heights. haha Go ahead and laugh now as most of the trial videos I have watched for CO has a drop on one side or the other. :)

Looking for any recommendations, suggestions, anything that could help!

Thanks!

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Trailsoffroad.com is an excellent resource. Have you given their Colorado map a look?

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Head to Boulder then west to Nederland (Switzerland Trail, Middle St. Vrain trails nearby) and then north to Estes Park.....go over Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park and down to Grand lake. From there you could wiggle back towards Fort Collins and Loveland off road, or head down to the Breckenridge zone (lots of off road there).

Weezykid

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Hermitage, Pa
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Longley
Member #

Head to Boulder then west to Nederland (Switzerland Trail, Middle St. Vrain trails nearby) and then north to Estes Park.....go over Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park and down to Grand lake. From there you could wiggle back towards Fort Collins and Loveland off road, or head down to the Breckenridge zone (lots of off road there).
Thank you! Going to put that on my list!!