Brea
First Name
JB
Last Name
Blakely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HM6HHK
Need something I can get to with out lockers or excessive ground clearance. Did funnel lake a couple years ago and got some body damage in the boulder garden and no fish to be found. looking to do a three day trip.
Thanks

JB

Reactions: T.Shack

JB4TRUCKS

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Brea
First Name
JB
Last Name
Blakely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HM6HHK
How are the roads and fishing? Looking at early August

DividedSky

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

USA
Member #

I assume you know about rock creek? It’s paved, and right off 395, but I hear fishing is ok. I ride it though, not a fisherman. There are lots of back roads off of there though.

Reactions: T.Shack and Kent R

JB4TRUCKS

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Brea
First Name
JB
Last Name
Blakely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HM6HHK
Rock creek is a consideration but would prefer something a bit more off the beaten path

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

We were on a trip up that way a couple weeks ago. We stayed a night at buckeye Creek campground. The creek was short walk from the upper campsites and they over look a nice little meadow. Not exactly off-grid camping but nice spot to fish. We didn't have much luck but the guys next to us that were fly fishing got a couple.

Kenslittle72

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Princeton, Moorpark
Member #

We were on a trip up that way a couple weeks ago. We stayed a night at buckeye Creek campground. The creek was short walk from the upper campsites and they over look a nice little meadow. Not exactly off-grid camping but nice spot to fish. We didn't have much luck but the guys next to us that were fly fishing got a couple.
We stayed in the turn out on the left right before the last bridge 07/26. We were real close to the water. Didn't put poles in river but a guide came up as we were packing and caught one right off the bat. The hot springs there was nice too.

Reactions: Kent R

HellsAngler

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasant valley campground in bishop is right on wild trout water. you camp right on the water. otherwise any water along the 395 will be good fly fishing water. all barbless as far as i know

T.Shack

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Red Bluff Ca.
Member #

Need something I can get to with out lockers or excessive ground clearance. Did funnel lake a couple years ago and got some body damage in the boulder garden and no fish to be found. looking to do a three day trip.
Thanks

JB
It has been years but up near the Tioga pass is a place called saddle back lake. I bet there is still really beautiful open country up there!

Reactions: JB4TRUCKS