• HTML tutorial

TheBelafonte

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Philadelphia
Member #

Hi there!

I'm Richard, brand new to the OB community and happy to be here.

I was hoping someone might have some input on a trip of mine coming up in October.

My fiancé and I are packing up and moving to Colorado from Philadelphia mid October.

Our route will be down through Nashville > New Orleans > Austin > Marfa > White Sands Monument > Taos > Great Sand Dunes > Denver.

Other than the Medano Pass road I don't have any ideas for novice trails to run. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.

Going to keep the stock Road tires on the 17' 4Runner to keep noise down and mileage up since we'll be on the road for so long. Planning to switch to something beefier once we arrive but for the trip I'll be bone stock.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
Just West of Austin lays the beautiful Hill Country. If you have time while in the area of Marfa, check out the Davis Mountain Observatory. There may be a Star Party happening. Just North of Marfa in Balmorhea State Park. The San Solomon Spring is nice to swim in all year round. With street tires, the Chisos Basin in Big Bend NP is beautiful.
Best I got for a quick pass through.

TheBelafonte

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Philadelphia
Member #

Laud thank you!

The observatory looks great and Big Bend is now penned in and underlined on the itinerary. Can't wait to see that part of the country. Thanks for your tips and I'll throw an update on here down the road!