Jordancb0321

Rank I

Contributor III

Raleigh, NC
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Brown
Hey everybody, I am looking to buy or trade for a 4th gen V8 4runner. Hopefully with not too many miles and in good condition. I don't have a ton to spend, my wife and I are just getting into overlanding so our budget is tight. Thanks

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Jordancb0321

Be sure to consider the Lexus 470 as you might find some nice "soccer mom mobiles" for less than the 4th gen v8 4runners.
Basically the same rig with more technology.

Boort

Reactions: M Rose

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
What Boort said. Many more GX’s available than V8 4RUNNERs . GX has far better interior plus more standard features and all at a better price.

Jordancb0321

Rank I

Contributor III

Raleigh, NC
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Brown
I agree I've also looked at the 470's, the only thing that turns me toward the 4runner is the hatch window that rolls down. We have dogs and it's a nice feature. They can get air but I can only roll it down enough for them to get their heads out and I don't have to worry about them getting out.

Reactions: EXPO_D1

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

I agree I've also looked at the 470's, the only thing that turns me toward the 4runner is the hatch window that rolls down. We have dogs and it's a nice feature. They can get air but I can only roll it down enough for them to get their heads out and I don't have to worry about them getting out.
AAh but the Side swing Door on the 470's is such a nice blank canvas for Overlanding. One of the folks here that I met up early on has a custom back door interior by HeftyFab out of Colorado springs that really got my attn. The 4 runner hatch can leave things to be desired for outfitting. It does make a nice quick canopy when open though.

Boort