Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Pensacola, Florida, United States
First Name
Tristan
Last Name
McMorran
Member #

Looking for affordable/reliable lift kit, doesnt need to be full suspension kit. In the range of 1.5-3in lift, recommendations on kits or if used kit laying around willing to purchase (will pay for shipping/packaging, etc).

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

I would get in touch with Marie at headstrong off-road. They’re on the west coast, but I got all of my suspension components from them. They’re site doesn’t say a lot for T4R at the moment, but their customer service is amazing and they have great price points.

Check out bilstein 5100 kits with Old Man Emu springs.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

CoastieMo

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Pensacola, Florida, United States
First Name
Tristan
Last Name
McMorran
Member #

I would get in touch with Marie at headstrong off-road. They’re on the west coast, but I got all of my suspension components from them. They’re site doesn’t say a lot for T4R at the moment, but their customer service is amazing and they have great price points.

Check out bilstein 5100 kits with Old Man Emu springs.
Thanks Dave, I'll definitely get in touch with them and see about pricing/options!

Reactions: Dave_brez

Agent3056

Rank 0

Contributor I

Totalperfomanceoffroad.com has 4 5100 shocks for $360. I'm not affiliated with them I've been just trying to figure out how I want to do my 5th gen. Kind of paralysis through analysis with all the options. Happy hunting.

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

Totalperfomanceoffroad.com has 4 5100 shocks for $360. I'm not affiliated with them I've been just trying to figure out how I want to do my 5th gen. Kind of paralysis through analysis with all the options. Happy hunting.
That sounds like a great deal. The one thing I’d be wary of is if the springs are already installed. There’s so much to consider that sometimes it’s worth buying everything on a kit. Depending on height you may need longer brake lines/upper control arms etc. A good rule of thumb with our yota’s is “over 3” and you start paying a lot more”

Never worked on a T4R, but I did everything on my ‘15 tacoma.