Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Someone tried to steal my trailer this week while on a trip. The trailer was hooked up at the time. They loosened the nut to bolt my hitch onto their receiver. They must have only had one wrench, as it looks like the top of my hitch will hold the bolt from turning. The loosened nut eventually worked the nut and lock washer loose. I caught it when it started making noise on the trail. I tack welded the nut to the bolt now. They also tried to steal my saw, but gave up after finding the cable and padlock holding it. 2FC69C3E-FBE4-47FB-94B5-A694E8256101.jpegA76E6588-0B23-4846-935A-776D5FC05A4E.jpeg

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

I use a lockable stainless steel hitch pin to keep my hitch and accessories in place. Through the lock hole I have an abloy high security lock. It's keyed as all the locks on my vehicle are. Sure the lock can be defeated by a determined criminal, but to get the hitch, and unload the roof rack they'll have to defeat 7 not to mention if my vehicle detects motion while parked it records the action front and rear in HD.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

just a padlock for me.
DSC_0011 3.jpeg

If a thief wants yer trailer all he has to do is wrap the safety chains around his bumper and go.
The best security when in storage is take off a wheel.