Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Springfield, Missouri
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Swain
Member #

One of the biggest complaints I had about my jeep was there was no place to lock any of my gear (minus glove compartment and center console). I wanted to have the doors off and top down and still have a sense of security so I decided to build a storage area in the back of my jeep. Here are several of the pictures I took during the build process.

box.jpg

box2.jpg

box3.jpg

Small storage compartment behind drivers seat and cut out for 10" speaker. Ok so I am still a kid at heart who likes his music LOL.

box6.jpg
box8.jpg

Laying out the top boards and checking to make sure everything fits.

box11.jpg

box12.jpg

Carpet installed and secure. Eventually will be replaced with diamond tread. Oh yeah....ignore the zebra print blanket, it belongs to my dog.

box10.jpg

Finished product (minus cleaning the saw dust off the carpet) in back of jeep.

box9.jpg

Overall I am very happy with how the project turned out. I now have a lot of storage space that I can lock gear in. In addition I also have a large platform on top to carry gear. I am going to add a few tie down spots and anchors to the top so I can strap gear in and also be able to cable lock big items.

Homeguy

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Calgary, AB
I've got a Mac's Black Box. One of the best investments I've made. I carry all me gear in it. It locks, empty it's only about 60 lbs and can be removed very easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

APtrail2005

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Kalispell Montana
Member #

Great job, I've seen them before but never knew how to make it. Looks great but you shouldn't blame your dog for the Zebra blanket...

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

SJJEEPER

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Elliott
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6VCR
looking at doing something very similar in my jeep! thanks for posting!

Texarado

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Woodland Park, CO, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Kahlich
Member #

One of the biggest complaints I had about my jeep was there was no place to lock any of my gear (minus glove compartment and center console). I wanted to have the doors off and top down and still have a sense of security so I decided to build a storage area in the back of my jeep. Here are several of the pictures I took during the build process.

View attachment 29204

View attachment 29205

View attachment 29206

Small storage compartment behind drivers seat and cut out for 10" speaker. Ok so I am still a kid at heart who likes his music LOL.

View attachment 29207
View attachment 29208

Laying out the top boards and checking to make sure everything fits.

View attachment 29210

View attachment 29209

Carpet installed and secure. Eventually will be replaced with diamond tread. Oh yeah....ignore the zebra print blanket, it belongs to my dog.

View attachment 29211

Finished product (minus cleaning the saw dust off the carpet) in back of jeep.

View attachment 29212

Overall I am very happy with how the project turned out. I now have a lot of storage space that I can lock gear in. In addition I also have a large platform on top to carry gear. I am going to add a few tie down spots and anchors to the top so I can strap gear in and also be able to cable lock big items.
Nice work!