Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
As an almost full time Overlander who runs our own website, and social media accounts for the few family friends and followers that like to see what we are up to it has been increasing obvious how difficult it is to keep everything up to date.

Having to pretty much individually update each account every time you add a new post is both very time consuming and requires good quality wifi / internet access to complete, especially if photos are involved and is something that is not always easy on the road.

This then results in only some but not all accounts being kept up to date and I include my Overland Bound account too.

Therefore I would certainly be interested in an ability to update 1 main account which in turn would cross post to all our other accounts. For instance if I do a trip report on my website could it cross post to OB without the need for logging in and out and rewriting the introduction.
Our website allows us to share to Facebook, and Instagram allows us to share to facebook but not in reverse. We are unable to share on OB without logging in going to the forums and updating manually. Additionally our trip reports can take many many hours to compile and photos need editing etc and the final website blog is the fruition of all those hours of work. To post direct on OB undoes all that hard work or the post is just a link.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you guys how much time just updating and keeping fresh your social media takes. So I'm looking for a solution and maybe you guys and OB can offer it.

Many thanks for the hard work it is appreciated

Dave and Angela
Polaris Overland

https://www.polaris-overland.com

Snip20180301_2.png

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

As an almost full time Overlander who runs our own website, and social media accounts for the few family friends and followers that like to see what we are up to it has been increasing obvious how difficult it is to keep everything up to date.

Having to pretty much individually update each account every time you add a new post is both very time consuming and requires good quality wifi / internet access to complete, especially if photos are involved and is something that is not always easy on the road.

This then results in only some but not all accounts being kept up to date and I include my Overland Bound account too.

Therefore I would certainly be interested in an ability to update 1 main account which in turn would cross post to all our other accounts. For instance if I do a trip report on my website could it cross post to OB without the need for logging in and out and rewriting the introduction.
Our website allows us to share to Facebook, and Instagram allows us to share to facebook but not in reverse. We are unable to share on OB without logging in going to the forums and updating manually. Additionally our trip reports can take many many hours to compile and photos need editing etc and the final website blog is the fruition of all those hours of work. To post direct on OB undoes all that hard work or the post is just a link.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you guys how much time just updating and keeping fresh your social media takes. So I'm looking for a solution and maybe you guys and OB can offer it.

Many thanks for the hard work it is appreciated

Dave and Angela
Polaris Overland

https://www.polaris-overland.com

View attachment 49547
Have you looked into https://hootsuite.com/ for managing social/app accounts?

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Thanks I have never heard of it but will take a look thanks. Does it include OB?
It does work with some Apps but I haven't used it in a while so I am not sure about the OB App. However it will let you schedule and post to all you social media accounts at once which may make updating 2 places better than 5+...

Reactions: Polaris Overland