• HTML tutorial

Member I

North Carolina
First Name
Nino
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

Hey everyone! Just decided to make an account and plan on getting my membership soon!! I'm very new to 4x4 and overlanding so bare with me haha

So on to the truck! She's a 2020 Trailboss custom with the standard bed. Why not the LT? Price mainly. I got a good deal on this one and I'm happy as hell with it. I'm coming from 2016 Colorado 2wd... Yeah not the best truck to do a rig with so I traded that in and didn't look back. So far it's been 2 weeks and she's has 2500 miles... Yeah NC>FL>NC then several trails including uwharrie in west NC I didn't get far mainly because of my fear and lack of knowledge lol. But hey I got out there and did what I could that matters right?

Plans for the build?

I would like to run 35s and 4in lift with a bed rack/tent. Something simple for weekend overland, trails and towing my 2 classic cars around. Been looking at other trailboss builds and man have they been great deciding what route I should go down. But for now getting bed rack and tent is a must for the wife and I

I'll keep y'all posted ✌

Attachments

Member I

North Carolina
First Name
Nino
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

Took a 4hr drive west to hit the mountains... and a huge rock. She took a pretty big hit to the bumper wife wasn't happy but shes really enjoying going on trails. I really wish ARB made bumpers that fit the new 1500 trucks but time will tell

Ordered myself Ronin factory antenna because that OEM antenna loves to smack the windshield. pictures to come as well as my thoughts on it.

Finally decided to drop the $35 and become a member! Also got the chance to take my parents to the mountains and finally get their jeep dirty safe to say they will be coming back

L1042827.jpgL1042833.jpg

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Great looking Trail Boss! I have a 2017 Silverado Z71. Kind of wish I had waited another year or so to get the Trailboss. But it is what it is. I'm in Charlotte, NC and out camping quite often, would love to have you out anytime you want. Truck picture below, the tent is old, but dont have a new pic yet

Attachments

phoxxtwo

Rank III

Enthusiast II

West Chester, OH
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Keefe
Member #

Great looking Trail Boss! I have a 2017 Silverado Z71. Kind of wish I had waited another year or so to get the Trailboss. But it is what it is. I'm in Charlotte, NC and out camping quite often, would love to have you out anytime you want. Truck picture below, the tent is old, but dont have a new pic yet
That is a great looking Silverado

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Thanks, I've always been a Silverado guy, but i've really enjoyed building this one out. Need to add my Krazy Beaver shovel to the bed rack, and eventually MaxTrax and I think I'm good. I look the back seats out and put in a platform for my Dometic fridge, so my build is almost complete for the most part.

Attachments

phoxxtwo

Rank III

Enthusiast II

West Chester, OH
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Keefe
Member #

Thanks, I've always been a Silverado guy, but i've really enjoyed building this one out. Need to add my Krazy Beaver shovel to the bed rack, and eventually MaxTrax and I think I'm good. I look the back seats out and put in a platform for my Dometic fridge, so my build is almost complete for the most part.
I’m just starting mine too. I bought a rocky ridge k2 so I feel like I have an ok starting point at least from a clearance perspective. May upgrade the suspension parts eventually to something more heavy duty.

Reactions: lilredtrailboss

Member I

North Carolina
First Name
Nino
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

I love my trailboss but I'm dying to do some work to it but just not enough parts are out yet. So just sitting and waiting at this point. I'm going to try and make it out to the trail run that's planned. No camping gear so the wife and I would most likely meet ya there!

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Nice truck i have a 2018 silverado i got a 3.5" with 35s so your plans should work out fine

Reactions: lilredtrailboss

Member I

North Carolina
First Name
Nino
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

Nice truck i have a 2018 silverado i got a 3.5" with 35s so your plans should work out fine
I'm loving the truck alot! But since I'm not seeing anything I like I'm not going to jump and just get something to toss in the truck. That being said the wife and I are gonna be grabbing a ground tent haha

Member I

North Carolina
First Name
Nino
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

I’m just starting mine too. I bought a rocky ridge k2 so I feel like I have an ok starting point at least from a clearance perspective. May upgrade the suspension parts eventually to something more heavy duty.
I feel you on the heavy duty part. End goal is to run a flatbed tray and canopy on this truck so that'll be alot of weight back there

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I'm loving the truck alot! But since I'm not seeing anything I like I'm not going to jump and just get something to toss in the truck. That being said the wife and I are gonna be grabbing a ground tent haha
If you have the room, I cannot recommend the Gazelle Tents enough... I have owned a lot of tents over the years from cheap Ozark Trail Walmart tents to high end outfitter tents, and the Gazelle Tents are way under priced for their convenience and their durability.

roadKing9503

Rank I

Contributor III

New Orleans, LA, USA
First Name
Lewis
Last Name
Sanders
I love mine. My biggest problems is deciding where to start. The one thing I do hate is that I live in the deep south. The camping here is not enjoyable for a bout 360 days a year. And there are very few overlanding trails. We have plenty of mudholes, but eventually they all look the same.

LONO100

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Bay Area CA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
PXXXXXXX
Nice truck, before going to 35's check your axle code and see what gearing you have. Once you go over 33", you may need to re-gear your diffs, especially if you plan to also tow.

Going to 35's is the next level and can throw off your transmission shift points, and MPG without either recalibration of the speedo, and/or a re-gear. It's a can of worms, I know from opening that can myself with previous projects.

That truck is pretty capable stock, so don't feel that you have to go huge to have a capable rig. Good luck with the build, looking forward to more pics.

Ray O

Rank VI

Traveler III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Oyarzun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6NQE
Great truck I bought mine 2019, trail boss lt, here are some pics and info in my mods hopefully it will help you decide the rout you want to go.

2019 Chevy Silverado Trail Boss LT

Fab Four CS19-X4051-1 matrix front bumper
Stealh torch grille
12k winch
Bds 4’ suspension lift
Fox 2.5 DSC coil over shocks (front)
Fox shocks (rear)
35x12.5 20 nitro Rodger Grappler tires
20” Procomp Rims
Rci 18” Bed Rack
The BAK Revolver X2 tonneau cover
Smitty Built RTT
Road Shower
Arb Tred recovery boards
4.5 Gallon Rotopax (2)
3.5 Gallon ROtopax (2)
50” dual Light bar
Rigid ditch lights
Rigid Fog lights
Ultra swing tire carrier
Front Runner table
High Lift Jack
Arb Dual air compressor
Dometic cfx75 Ref/Freezer
Dual battery set up

Attachments

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

If you have the room, I cannot recommend the Gazelle Tents enough... I have owned a lot of tents over the years from cheap Ozark Trail Walmart tents to high end outfitter tents, and the Gazelle Tents are way under priced for their convenience and their durability.
I just dont like that the Gazelle tent isnt fully closed off, bugs still get in from the velcro floor.

Seabee126

Rank IV

Advocate III

Toano, VA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Laguesse
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Well, thanks to this.. Now i may be debating between the new Tundra or Silverado!

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Great truck I bought mine 2019, trail boss lt, here are some pics and info in my mods hopefully it will help you decide the rout you want to go.

2019 Chevy Silverado Trail Boss LT

Fab Four CS19-X4051-1 matrix front bumper
Stealh torch grille
12k winch
Bds 4’ suspension lift
Fox 2.5 DSC coil over shocks (front)
Fox shocks (rear)
35x12.5 20 nitro Rodger Grappler tires
20” Procomp Rims
Rci 18” Bed Rack
The BAK Revolver X2 tonneau cover
Smitty Built RTT
Road Shower
Arb Tred recovery boards
4.5 Gallon Rotopax (2)
3.5 Gallon ROtopax (2)
50” dual Light bar
Rigid ditch lights
Rigid Fog lights
Ultra swing tire carrier
Front Runner table
High Lift Jack
Arb Dual air compressor
Dometic cfx75 Ref/Freezer
Dual battery set up
Awesome, that's a lot of 'stuff'! Love it!

Reactions: Ray O