Weirs Beach, Laconia, NH, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Grant
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG768
I have a 27oz Yeti water bottle. They sell an accessory top which basically turns the lid into a pour through Thermos type bottle with a 5 oz double walled "mini yeti" cup for a lid. The key to keeping it hot, just like any other vacuum bottle is to preheat the thing with boiling water before you pour your coffee into it. The it will keep your beverage hot all day. 1575942302126~2.jpeg1575942350638~2.jpeg

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

What @Tommy9610 said, preheating is key. I boil water, put it in my coffee cup & wide mouth soup thermos to pre-heat. I then use the warm water after pre-heating to wash my breakfast dishes

Reactions: grubworm

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Call me strange but I hate drinking out of a sealed container I like my coffee in a thick wall mug so that sweet warm scent of that fresh brew warms my face , makes it taste so much better IMO.

Reactions: Corrie and grubworm

TexasGMG

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Hell
First Name
Fuck
Last Name
Off
I use Nissan thermos to keep my coffee my hot after I make it. I do have Stanley but the Nissan does a better job. Both are steel and pretty indistruble. The cup is a steel something insulated with a 45 degree slope on top to keep the liquid from spilling, it's 10 years old.
I am a perk guy so I wait a minute before loading up the thermos. What do you use?
I've got a beat up stainless steel 2 qt Stanley that's about 15 years old. It replaced the one I had that got ran over by a dozer. lol If this one ever dies I may have to look into one of those nissan thermos

DBAR

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lebanon, PA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Dunbar
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I collect mugs and cups so I wind up using different stuff all of the time. Everything from a cheap plastic bubba travel mug up to the Yeti or Pelican mugs. Usually, people get them for me as gifts. I will say though that my recent favorite has been a Miir travel cup that my wife got me.

Reactions: Corrie

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

I collect mugs and cups so I wind up using different stuff all of the time. Everything from a cheap plastic bubba travel mug up to the Yeti or Pelican mugs. Usually, people get them for me as gifts. I will say though that my recent favorite has been a Miir travel cup that my wife got me.
I love Miir tumblers/mugs, too. We have a few we’ve collected over the years, and use them all the time when we are out and about.

Reactions: DBAR

huachuca

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

Sometimes in some places, most any type of cup will do,

Boondocking on some unknown creek in Nevada. Engel cups, seventyfive (??) year old Comet pot and nineties vintage Coleman stove.
IMG_6487_zpsdk8o1rc3.jpg

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

I'm snobby when it comes to coffee. Double wall stainless french press and a ceramic 8oz cup. Is it prone to breaking? Sure. But coffee for me is important. A ritual. Its time in my morning to myself. No work. Reading the news or emails, that's it. When I am out camping or on the trail, I sit and enjoy the scenery.

I drink several types of coffee, but always African. I have delivered Vivace espresso from Seattle, Black Rifle CC from San Antonio and La Colombe from Philly.