Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I use Nissan thermos to keep my coffee my hot after I make it. I do have Stanley but the Nissan does a better job. Both are steel and pretty indistruble. The cup is a steel something insulated with a 45 degree slope on top to keep the liquid from spilling, it's 10 years old.
I am a perk guy so I wait a minute before loading up the thermos. What do you use?

Reactions: Drifterman

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
i got a harbor freight stainless tumbler for $5 that works very well. my son has a yeti that cost over $30 and having both out in the cold shop and sipping leisurely, mine does just as well...and i can have 6 of mine for the price of one of his. if i need more efficiency, i'll put a wool sock around it. :grinning:

thermos.jpg

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

i got a harbor freight stainless tumbler for $5 that works very well. my son has a yeti that cost over $30 and having both out in the cold shop and sipping leisurely, mine does just as well...and i can have 6 of mine for the price of one of his. if i need more efficiency, i'll put a wool sock around it. :grinning:

View attachment 125375
BINGO!!!

Good example of "KISS" at its finest.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
The best Tumbler I have is one I bought at Walmart a few years ago for under 10 bucks, unfortunately they dont make any more of them as I broke the lid on it :( . My second best is a 32 oz hydroflask. its second best because it keeps my coffee too hot too long, lol

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

The best Tumbler I have is one I bought at Walmart a few years ago for under 10 bucks, unfortunately they dont make any more of them as I broke the lid on it :( . My second best is a 32 oz hydroflask. its second best because it keeps my coffee too hot too long, lol
I have the same issue with a Stanley 16 oz vacuum mug given to me for Christmas a couple years ago. It keeps the coffee so hot it burns the mouth. Manys the time the lid would have to be left off long enough for it to cool just a bit. It definitely keeps coffee hot for hours!!

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I use Thermos mugs. I'm surprised at how long they keep my coffee hot while I'm travelling. They fit perfectly in the cup holders of my Jeeps and they have a handle which is very important to me.

Reactions: Drifterman and MMc

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

Ive got 3 Stanley's that are, mmmmmm 25 -30 years old, 2 for coffee and one is the big mouth for soups and chili. I have a Stanley 16 oz mug that's we'll past 15 years old, which I use near daily. I have a 20 oz Yeti I I stupidly paid $30.00 for and it won't keep coffee hot 30 minutes. Besides my Yeti cooler l got for Christmas I'd never buy another Yeti product. For the price all show, no go.
We did get a couple 16 oz Hydro Flask, and the Wife loves her's.

20DYNAMITE07

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Pretty much any double-walled vacuum insulated cup is going to do a great job. I have a Zojirushi coffee thermos that's amazing. I could put coffee in it, leave the coffee in my car and go to work all day in the winter, and it will still be warm at the end of the day. It's nuts.

If you can find an affordable double-walled vacuum insulated cup/mug/tumbler... it's a no brainer.

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

I have a regular Yeti for coffee and a Nissan for tea. The Nissan stays hot longer but the Yeti holds more. Always a trade off.

Reactions: Drifterman

max.grun

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Turlock, California
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSE
I have a Yeti tumbler that was a gift. Works pretty well, will keep my coffee warm while I am out fishing. More often than not though, i use one of my Contigo containers for my coffee. They hold more coffee and it stays warm long enough for me to enjoy it.

Outbound

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Alberta
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
H
Yeti mug for home and travel. I got it as a gift and love it. It fits a large McDonald's coffee perfectly. I can fill it with hot coffee and 5+ hours later, it's still hot. I bought one of their lids with the sliding closure which makes a huge difference.

I use a Stanley vacuum bottle for the times when I need more capacity.

For work, I use a Stanley travel mug. Takes a beating and keeps on ticking. Usually keeps stuff hot for 3 hours or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: MMc

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

I have Yeti, RTIC, and Ozark Trail. I prefer the OT design as it slims down towards the bottom and fits my hand and cup holders better. The best top I've used is the Yeti Mag Slide which fits the OT mugs. My coffee stays hot enough to drink for at least two hours. Of course it's weather dependent.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

View attachment 125375
As an added bonus, it is made of recycled stainless process tubing from American petrochemical plants, so you get a little bit of chemo with every cup!

Reactions: Louiston

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
My kids got me a 20oz Wal-Mart cup last year I use for my sipping coffee. I recently bought a Stanley 2QT bottle that will easily hold a full 12 cup coffee maker full. I'll fill my cup, put the rest in the Stanley and take them both to the garage. It's worked really well for a couple hours worth of hot coffee. I got this setup to use around camp with my percolator. Make my pot of coffee and then have it warm rather than cooling off in the old aluminum percolator.