Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
Love the concept, love the look. Could we see some interior shots on how you 'kitted it out'. Your departure and egress look pretty good. The question I have is that last picture. Is that a INTER-COOLER or RADIATOR? That shield is a good idea, but seems to leave it vulnerable to a rock strike. If a ventilated over skid plate could be installed between the bottom of the bumper, and bottom lip of that shield (angled), It would be less likely to receive damage.

It looks like the front bumper has already do it's job a few times. Some of those strikes look substantial. Are those rock sliders, shown on the side view?
Great questions...
The inside is still a work in progress, I am about to redo the 1st version of the cabinets now that I have done a couple of trips.
That is the intercooler hanging down, and you are right in that Quadvan is making me a skid that bolts to the Aluminess bumper and ties into that skid.
Next is sill protection to replace that plastic that looks like sliders :) A rear bumper that ties into an infloor storage/rear skid.
This pic is from last weekend, the tire is only inside because the rear carrier needs some work.
There are 2 more seats on quick releases for when we take others.
20200118_180725.jpg

Hobo

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Allen, TX.
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Any information on the shell with side open windows on the Tacoma. Also interested in weight you can put on top.
Thank you,

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Getting the veggie garden ready for spring planting.
Most of my rig's "action" is off the trails. :sunglasses:IMAG1071.jpg

Reactions: 9Mike2

Ralph

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Szczecin, Westpomerania (PL)
First Name
Ralph
Last Name
Batkowski
Member #

Got my Quadvan Transit out for a weekend campout and was able to test my approach and departure angles
Hej >Oneleglance<
Very nice rig - this transit. I love those 4x4 vans, modified for overlanding. They much a ton of more potencial.
Still, wouldn't be better to reinstall this radiator we can see on the picture, situated under bumper?
In rocky and desert condition - probably works fine but here in EU - we have 80% of muddy and wet trials. This sollution can not work.

Last edited:

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
Hej >Oneleglance<
Very nice rig - this transit. I love those 4x4 vans, modified for overlanding. They much a ton of more potencial.
Still, wouldn't be better to reinstall this radiator we can see on the picture, situated under bumper?
In rocky and desert condition - probably works fine but here in EU - we have 80% of muddy and wet trials. This sollution can not work.
the low hanging fruit there is the turbo Intercooler.....and I get what you are saying about mud.
There has been talk on the F150 forums about relocation and honestly I have looked at the ducting and thought about an over the engine install of a larger aftermarket unit. Since much of what we do is slow speed off road I would add an elec fan and make use of the factory hood vents or add something.
I will be watching my IAT (intake air temps) this summer when we have ground level air temps in the 140's.