Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Where ya going or where ya been ?
A group of us ran a loop through the Hill Country yesterday. Many roads were muddy due to rains the last few days. This stream crossing was on the way home. I was actually on county road 315 in Llano county.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
A group of us ran a loop through the Hill Country yesterday. Many roads were muddy due to rains the last few days. This stream crossing was on the way home. I was actually on county road 315 in Llano county.
I really like that country. Too bad there is no federal lands to enjoy the back country more.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Caliber1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Los Alamitos CA
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Mejia
Member #

I have done a bit of everything but mostly try to travel light. If I am alone I don't even use a tent. The back seat is plenty big and I stay warm well bellow freezing. I have a small group of friends who I have been going with on occasion which has been fun but I prefer smaller groups.

Caliber1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Los Alamitos CA
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Mejia
Member #

1990 F350 XLT Lariat Crew Cab, Long bed with the 7.5L 460ci. I put in a new crate engine, lift, shocks, brakes and brake lines, rims, tires, and more. Just enough to keep me out on the trail...

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Got my Quadvan Transit out for a weekend campout and was able to test my approach and departure anglesView attachment 136317View attachment 136318View attachment 136319
Love the concept, love the look. Could we see some interior shots on how you 'kitted it out'. Your departure and egress look pretty good. The question I have is that last picture. Is that a INTER-COOLER or RADIATOR? That shield is a good idea, but seems to leave it vulnerable to a rock strike. If a ventilated over skid plate could be installed between the bottom of the bumper, and bottom lip of that shield (angled), It would be less likely to receive damage.

It looks like the front bumper has already do it's job a few times. Some of those strikes look substantial. Are those rock sliders, shown on the side view?