Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
First two pics are from vacation in the wilds of Utah the first was near Needles district and the second I think that was Potash Road from Moab to Islands in the Sky/Canyonlands (Thelma and Louise cliff). In the last picture I got a flat tire in Big Bend NP in SW Texas about 15-20 miles from maintained roads. I did not have a full sized spare and so I plugged the flat as best I could (took 4 plugs). We made it to pavement, but then I couldn't keep air in it. Had to go almost 200 miles at 50mph on the donut to get to a tire shop. All of these were from around 2016 and the tires were BFKO2's. I ended up replacing the KO2s with Firestone Destination A/Ts which lasted longer, and were quieter, but only a little bit less trail worthy.
If you drove 200 miles from where you had the flat, where did you go ? As best I know there should have been a town much closer than 200 miles. BB is remote but not 200 miles remote. Not doubting your word, just want to know where you went to get a tire ?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Nebraska National Forest.

You can tell because of all the trees. :hushed:

Actually it's Forest AND Grasslands.

About 50 miles of back country off road driving and no ones tracks but ours.

It was a really good day!

Looks like the end of the world ! And you were alone. Scary but exciting !

Reactions: eagle_A40

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Reactions: RichieFromBoston

Jeepmedic46

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Orange, Ma
First Name
William
Last Name
Domey
Member #

Reactions: RichieFromBoston

SureNSteady

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Branson, MO, Branson, MO, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
D
Member #

If you drove 200 miles from where you had the flat, where did you go ? As best I know there should have been a town much closer than 200 miles. BB is remote but not 200 miles remote. Not doubting your word, just want to know where you went to get a tire ?
lol...it was new years eve and we tried Alpine (tire shop closed). Spent the night in Alpine. Nothing open new year's day either so we limped to Midland, spent another night in hotel and made it to Discount Tire as soon as it opened. Didn't help that we had oversize BFG KO2's in LT sizing that was hard to size match.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
lol...it was new years eve and we tried Alpine (tire shop closed). Spent the night in Alpine. Nothing open new year's day either so we limped to Midland, spent another night in hotel and made it to Discount Tire as soon as it opened. Didn't help that we had oversize BFG KO2's in LT sizing that was hard to size match.
What happened to the other towns like Pecos, Monahans, Crane, Odessa that never close because of the 24 hour a day oil fields ? Sorry you had such a bad experience in my old stomping grounds. Thanks for sharing.