Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Edmiston
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
I’ve got a 2004 Toyota Sequoia, currently on 33’s, moving up to 37’s, adding gears and lockers to accommodate. This is my overland replacement for my 4Runner.

50” KC Gravity Pro6 lights, Hidden 12k wireless winch from SuperWinch, Dual 180 awnings from Overland Vehicle Systems, Rugged Race Radio GMRS base unit + Rugged GMRS handheld plus lots more goodies.

Attachments

Negative_GhostRider

Rank II

Contributor II

Northern California, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Aloha! I'm a long time lurker. Have learned a ton from all the conversations on this site, so am grateful for the community and amazing people I've crossed paths with. "Goose" is our family-mobile; a '22 F150. The wife is slowly warming up to the idea of taking longer trips to remote places, so I'm stoked, haha. For the moment, the kids and mom sleep comfortably in the truck bed (with the RSI cap). The 270 awning has been pretty awesome, seeing action in the winter as well as summer.

Weight management has been a challenge with the squishy suspension...I put in some lift springs and a .5" spacer in the back to compensate. So far so good, but am learning with every trip on what, and how much, to pack. It's so frigg'n fun. haha.

Looking forward to joining a future outing with the OB group!
Goose_Tahoe_Squaw_2.jpg

Goose_MendocinoNF_3.jpg

Goose_JohnsonOHV_3.jpg

Raptor Sunset_Profile.jpg

Thomas Hastings

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Duncan, Spartanburg County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Hastings
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Aloha! I'm a long time lurker. Have learned a ton from all the conversations on this site, so am grateful for the community and amazing people I've crossed paths with. "Goose" is our family-mobile; a '22 F150. The wife is slowly warming up to the idea of taking longer trips to remote places, so I'm stoked, haha. For the moment, the kids and mom sleep comfortably in the truck bed (with the RSI cap). The 270 awning has been pretty awesome, seeing action in the winter as well as summer.

Weight management has been a challenge with the squishy suspension...I put in some lift springs and a .5" spacer in the back to compensate. So far so good, but am learning with every trip on what, and how much, to pack. It's so frigg'n fun. haha.

Looking forward to joining a future outing with the OB group!
View attachment 254138

View attachment 254139

View attachment 254140

View attachment 254152
Very nice, love the smart cap, can't wait to get mine.

Reactions: Negative_GhostRider

Negative_GhostRider

Rank II

Contributor II

Northern California, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Very nice, love the smart cap, can't wait to get mine.
Thanks @Thomas Hastings! Saw your beast as well! :wink:

Our setups are similar with the cap and Decked system. Both are awesome. Between the magnetically friendly structure, exterior rack rails, and interior rivnuts, there are options for smart cap mods, you'll have fun dialing it in for your needs. Good call on getting beefier springs in the rear, I had to do the exact same.

Reactions: Thomas Hastings

Thomas Hastings

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Duncan, Spartanburg County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Hastings
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Finally had my custom leaf springs, made by ALCAN SPRING in Grand Junction, CO, installed today them. They also installed their u-bolt flip kit. Gave them a little test run. There are some before and after pictures and some flex photos on a random BLM trail I found just outside of Colorado National Monument.

It’s nosediving and I expected that, they are designed to hold 600 pounds normal. I still am waiting on my smart cap to arrive which was part of the calculated weight. They have a 2 1/2” lift built in, not to actually lift the truck but to be able to remove the factory block which is 2 1/2”.

I doubt the extra 200 pounds from the smart cap will bring it down to the factory rake height, if it does, fine, but I don’t suspect it will. If it’s still riding like an old school hot rod after the cap install, I’m going to add some GEISER 2 1/2” progressive springs to the front. That will obviously bring the front up but should still leave some rake it it which is how I want it.

Attachments

Psfracer

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Santa Clarita, CA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Fercho
Here is my full sized rig - GMC HD2500 Denali 4X4 Duramax. Just took a trip to Alabama Hills, going to southwest Utah for 10 days in May. I have all the recovery gear and tools to replace a tire in swing out compartments on the side of the bed, some cargo mounts in the bed for water/fuel, and we just use a REI base camp 6 tent (4 season). I have an awning that comes off the rear of the truck for some shade when we set it up. Added the front bumper with Superwinch and Rigid 3” cube lights recently as we like to do Astrophotography which will involve doing some night driving. F671E870-3299-410A-9B51-A9DE94E77252.jpeg2CEE2416-7ABF-46BB-91B2-64C7F943064B.jpegAFE235BA-8EA3-48CA-872E-6D18C431020F.jpeg

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #