Cougar Mountain

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Eugene, OR, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Sierakowski
So things are moving slowly but moving at least. New cheap tires are on. Waiting for driveline to be finished then maybe I can get out in a week or two. Been trying to find someone (female) who wants to go camping but seems very hard to find these days. Seems like not a whole lot going on in Oregon anytime soon for Overlanding.
truck.jpg

Jay Smallen

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gardnerville Ranchos, NV, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Smallen
Member #

Our steering pump took a dump lol! So we put in a new pump and upgraded the steering box to a PSC unit along with their hydro assist steering. Man is this stuff nice. The steering is so smooth and tight now. Feels amazing on the road and looking forward to getting it off road. Once the forest fires get under control that is.

Attachments

Reactions: Shahn

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

78 Bronco Custom with 460. Will upgrade as I see what I will need. 2" leveling kit up front with 33 x 12.50r x 15 Falken Wildpeak at3w
View attachment 205575.View attachment 205574
I love the 78/79s. That is one very clean machine. I am now looking for another one. Hopefully with a 4 speed. The wife pulled the reigns on my planned rebuild on my 79. So it’s either another bronco or a 78/79 f250.

Traildog44

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Fort Myers, FL, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Oliver
Member #

78 Bronco Custom with 460. Will upgrade as I see what I will need. 2" leveling kit up front with 33 x 12.50r x 15 Falken Wildpeak at3w
What do you think of the tires?
I have a 95 suburban 2500 and I'm considering the same meats for my rig.
I've narrowed it down to three options and the wild peak is one of them

johngovols

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Fayetteville, GA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Newberry
Member #

As far as on the road these are great tires, they’re wearing nicely very low road noise rain and a little bit of snow we got didn’t seem to affect them. I’ll let you know after this weekend how they do in the dirt and the Georgia mud

Reactions: Traildog44

THEKODIAK

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Whittier, Los Angeles County, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Just getting into overlanding and learning. What I do notice is the lack of full sized SUV and trucks. Just wondering who out there is like me rolling in a GMT800 2500 Suburban.

Here is my 2003 Chevy Suburban 2500:

So far ive done some basic suspension work. Congnito leveling kit w/upper control arms, Fox 2.0 monotype shocks, and keys to get 2.5" lift. Then the Congnito steering brace kit that every GM owner should do regardless if lifted or not. Also added the BFG K02 all terrains 285/75/16 essentially 33" tires.

Next up will be to do the 1.5" block and u bolt along with the Fox 2.0to finish out the rear end. Looking to also do the Bilstein steering stabilizer then HD idler arm, inner outer tie rods etc. One more item for the HD setup that will smooth out the ride would be the Silastic shackles/isolators.

My 2006 Tahoe on its maiden voyage to Monache meadows !! Had a great time

Reactions: Traildog44

Traildog44

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Fort Myers, FL, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Oliver
Member #

As far as on the road these are great tires, they’re wearing nicely very low road noise rain and a little bit of snow we got didn’t seem to affect them. I’ll let you know after this weekend how they do in the dirt and the Georgia mud
Awesome, the Georgia Clay is where I had my first slip-n-slide incident with the sub.
The mud and dirt in Florida can get pretty gooy, but nothing like that Georgia clay.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
My 2006 Tahoe on its maiden voyage to Monache Meadows !! Had a blast !!
Just taking the advice … Runnin what we have right now
Love who is posing for the camera. Love Blue Heelers. And love the older Tahoes with steel bumpers. Overlander and off-road worthy, vs new style grocery getter's with all their plastic cladding.

Reactions: Shahn