Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Port St. Lucie, FL, USA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Miller
Member #

They are kind of tall. With the addition of plywood and some laminate flooring. That’s a couple inches lost. Not in the best of locations for things other than bench seats. Not to mention removing them looses a couple hundred pounds. These suckers are heavy! That’s real estate I’d like to use for other things
Holy crap, that’s heavy. I don’t blame you for removing them. is there even a market fir them, or are they just scrap steel?
Pretty much scrap at this point. After cutting a hole over each bolt head with a cutting wheel, I then have to drill out each bolt head. With that many holes cut in the channel I’m sure I’ve compromised the integrity of the rail. Better just scrap it. Besides. With all the van conversions going on lately, you can’t GIVE this stuff away. Every diy guy or girl out there converting a passenger van now has 4 bench seats they’re trying to get rid of

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Pretty much scrap at this point. After cutting a hole over each bolt head with a cutting wheel, I then have to drill out each bolt head. With that many holes cut in the channel I’m sure I’ve compromised the integrity of the rail. Better just scrap it. Besides. With all the van conversions going on lately, you can’t GIVE this stuff away. Every diy guy or girl out there converting a passenger van now has 4 bench seats they’re trying to get rid of
I figured as much. With the seats, you can make a drive-in theater in your garage.

Reactions: Jetrngr430

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
They’re taking up too much real estate NOW!
I pulled the 60 portion of my 60/40 seat fir a trip to Wyoming last year. I never got around to putting it back in, then we had a small horse come to live with us. There’s a bed in the space now, so she can overland too. The seat is still in the corner of my home office.

DCCBFA53-F5F6-4E97-B2D8-59CF96D6881F.jpeg3555445E-C7E5-4239-846A-2547C13F83AF.jpeg

Jetrngr430

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Port St. Lucie, FL, USA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Update: I removed the 4 bench seats and stripped them down to bare frames. Removed the seat rails and associated hardware. Then all the seatbelts. I took all the seat frames and rails to the scrapyard. I didn’t get much money but I didn’t have to pay either. Anyway, that was 480lbs of steel the van no longer has to haul around! Plus I got two vehicles weighed that day for free. Win!

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Update: I removed the 4 bench seats and stripped them down to bare frames. Removed the seat rails and associated hardware. Then all the seatbelts. I took all the seat frames and rails to the scrapyard. I didn’t get much money but I didn’t have to pay either. Anyway, that was 480lbs of steel the van no longer has to haul around! Plus I got two vehicles weighed that day for free. Win!
480! Word!!

Reactions: Jetrngr430

Prstone50

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Laramie, WY, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Stone
I finally got mine finished! Just in time for everything to go into lockdown... oh well. Hopefully I can still keep my campsite reservation for May 8th

It's a '67 Jeep M715 with a Dodge 8.0L V10 from a 2500, NV4500 trans, NP205 Tcase, Dana 60 front, Locked Dana 70 rear, 5.88 gears, and patina. Check out my build thread in my signature if you want to see more.

I LOVE that rig !!!!!!

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Just picked this up and fortunately/unfortunately it has new tires on it so a tire upgrade will be further down the road .Has all the factory bells and whistles, Bose stereo , leather
4114442F-75BC-4A54-8A2F-9120C964171D.jpeg
No real build plans for it just maintenance and light upgrades
•softtopper canopy
•leveling kit (keys ,blocks) but only lift it 1.5”
to keep the Ride soft and smooth
•some sort of low pro rack for carrying kayaks

Down the road I would like to add a 1.5” body lift and a set of 35x10.50r17 .

Aequitas1916

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Florida, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Weet
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Here's my rig. This was last year when I was carrying gear for prospecting out in Colorado. Sorry it's a bit shaky, I was in a rush to hit the road :). Haven't updated the exterior much since then. Currently finishing up a rear seat delete/storage area project.Truck.jpg

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Just picked this up and fortunately/unfortunately it has new tires on it so a tire upgrade will be further down the road .Has all the factory bells and whistles, Bose stereo , leather
View attachment 155350
No real build plans for it just maintenance and light upgrades
•softtopper canopy
•leveling kit (keys ,blocks) but only lift it 1.5”
to keep the Ride soft and smooth
•some sort of low pro rack for carrying kayaks

Down the road I would like to add a 1.5” body lift and a set of 35x10.50r17 .
Very nice. What year is it?

Amanda C

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Oshawa, ON, Canada
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Cassidy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7WYO
Service Branch
Royal Navy - Radar
Hi everybody,

I hope everyone is doing well during lock down, I have been forced to build out my tiny overland house while in lock down, more on that story another day. I just wanted to share with you where I am now with my build, As some will know I purchased my GMC 1500 Sierra 2003 extended cab back in 2018, with the view to look for a schoolie to convert into a tiny house, i then found a 30 yr old camper shell sitting in a field in Port Townsend being neglected. Just shortly after purchasing it a tree fell on it and severely damaged it. I was not able to collect until Jan 2020, when i left to go across country from my dads home to Port Townsend, WA. I then spent 2 months full time restoring the shell and making modification, before quickly (4 days) putting it on my truck and heading back across the canadaian border to Vancouver (2hrs to spare before they closed it). I had slept since Jan 5th on the back seat of the truck, now i was in Vancouver, still sleeping in the back of the cab, with a house full of bits and pieces. I then spent 5 weeks in Home Depot carparks fitting out the inside and sleeping in carparks (sometimes being moved on!). I am happy to announce since mid April, I am now living in the house and I am now heading slowly back to my home base and exploring (sensibly) Canada. Currently in Nelson, BC staying in front of a co-workers house. I just wanted to share some photos of what she now looks like as its been a while since i posted on here my rig.

0AA163D0-CB62-4D39-B0E8-2D296834CFAC.jpeg
Moving the Shell temporary onto my truck (mid Jan 2020)

26F68817-3B70-4387-B54A-505CCC1B6212.jpeg

A8188C3C-8961-4D0E-A107-021CEAE40F7A.jpeg

C0178A8D-0EDB-43E9-8A9A-5653E27FC1C3.jpeg

First shake down, Hardie Hill, Red Plateau Ridge, Kamloops, BC - 4000ft, 8 Km up FS trail, 4 days

The feeling was amazing, after over 500 hours of restorations, blood, sweat and tears that I am now overlanding in TOH (tiny overland house). Federal & provisonal goverments had started to ease restrictions when I started to travel back to toronto. I am following all Federal & Provisional guidelines, of staying at home, keeping my distance (staying on crown land on my journey East).

CB6AD53C-DE99-40AA-9E5E-6A6EB2D43239.jpeg

Well deserved clean after dusty trails!

More photos and build to follow on my build page when I get a moment, I promise :-)

I hope you enjoy this and it lifts your spirits ?

Best wishes

Amanda

McKenzieOverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Springfield, Oregon, USA
First Name
Cam
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Happy Memorial Day. #mog #truckbedliving #truckbedcamping #overland #getoutside #fullsized #pnwroamers #trucktopper #truckcamping #truck #truckbedcamping #truckbedcamper #truckcamperlife #nomadlife #carcamping #carcampingadventures #carcampinglife #campinglife #campinghacks #tinyliving #livingtiny #adventure #explorepage #adventurerig #roamtheplanet #mog #overland #boondockin #pnw #oregon #

Attachments

Reactions: Mikeblack and Big G

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
We went to Hurricane Lake a couple weekends back and my custom built Superstrut rack I put on the top of my Diamondback bed cover proved it can haul my RTT and 3 Kayaks no problem! I could haul a 4th on the lower part of the rack if I didn't need that space for my camping gear.

Kayaks on Truck 1.jpgKayaks on Truck 2.jpg