Let's see those full size rigs - Trucks & SUV

• HTML tutorial

Hefty Smurf

Rank II

Enthusiast II

I know I already posted my rig but I just put the finishing touches on the bed and wanted to share. I made the box from scratch and the drawers run the length of the bed. Made the curtains to fit each window. The screen door (last picture) was the most frustrating but figured it out in the end. Now we can leave the rear door open without being eaten alive.

Attachments

Patriot

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

I know I already posted my rig but I just put the finishing touches on the bed and wanted to share. I made the box from scratch and the drawers run the length of the bed. Made the curtains to fit each window. The screen door (last picture) was the most frustrating but figured it out in the end. Now we can leave the rear door open without being eaten alive.
Looking good, ya can’t underestimate the value of excellent big screens. Sealed those blood suckers out!

Lymitliss

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle, WA, USA
Member #

Here's my 2019 HD. Didn't buy it for Overlanding, but I do plan to take it offroad now and then. Mostly camping and trails.

Here are a couple pictures, one after scouting some trails out, and one of me helping a Tacoma pull a Mercedes SUV out of the snow.

kylevd23

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Member #

2018 Nissan Titan XD, not the best turning radius compared to my 2011 Sierra 2500 HD, but he performs very well off road in comparison.

Reactions: JCWages

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

I was feeling pretty "full sized" at work today.
On the way out, I took a "full sized" piece of concrete off of the overhead in the parking structure. [emoji24]

Ouch. That always worries me. Did they measure everywhere..........

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
SEEN THAT ISSUE WAY MORE THAN YOU WOULD THINK. Check out the height signs at airports and covered parking. They are heavily scarred with OPS moments.

XPLSV

Rank 0

Traveler I

Colorado Springs
First Name
Bernie
Last Name
Jene
I was feeling pretty "full sized" at work today.
On the way out, I took a "full sized" piece of concrete off of the overhead in the parking structure. [emoji24]View attachment 97299View attachment 97300
Ugh...I had pulled into the Caesar's Palace parking garage in Vegas with my Power Wagon and was really glad to get out of there without an issue. Banged my antenna multiple times, but thankfully no contact with the roof.

Tavis Garren

Rank 0

Contributor I

Alaska, USA
First Name
Bubba
Last Name
Garren
The parking garage at the Venetian has an alarm. Went I pulled my power wagon in it alerted me to go to oversized parking

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

How do you like the Carli suspension? I’m playing with the idea of getting a kit for my Ford.

I love their suspension. I have had it on there for over 10 years now. It is pricey but it works very well. Great group of guys working there. They will do whatever it takes to get your truck dialed in for you.

Mr.Cade

Rank 0

Contributor I

US
The clearance varies slightly, but the real issue here is my driving. I had someone on my ass and I let em' get to me. Took a corner too fast and the body roll knicked the girder.
Its OK. I only bent the Prinsu. That's what aluminum is for.

Mr.Cade

Rank 0

Contributor I

US
Ugh...I had pulled into the Caesar's Palace parking garage in Vegas with my Power Wagon and was really glad to get out of there without an issue. Banged my antenna multiple times, but thankfully no contact with the roof.
Yeah, that's a clencher.
Luckily it only got my rack.
My shell is fine... for now.

Last edited: