Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spring Hill, FL
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Banks
Member #

I’m doing a slow and moderate build as well. Started with a 2 1/2 inch leveling kit on the front and put some 35 inch BFG mud terrains on the stock wheels. The rub ever so slightly on full turn but as it sits, it gets me most anywhere I want or need to go.

Reactions: MMCT_4x4

CatButt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Redondo Beach, Ca
First Name
Rem
Last Name
Wyatt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6HMC
Service Branch
USMC
20180615_082646.jpg Out with the old (reluctantly) and in with the new. 2018 3500 CTD with Aisin trans and lots of goodies. Likely doing a AT top, AEV lift and bumper and not a whole lot more...Goosegear full build in the back though, for sure.

megacabcummins

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Marysville, WA
Member #

Couple pictures of my rig.... Almost stock Cummins, HMS built transmission, trussed front axle, arb in front and grizzly in the back with Yukon 4.10's, Thuren Fabrication long travel suspension with Alien Arms, Full leaves and stage 6 King 2.5's, power wagon wheels and now on Milestar Patagonias, Creative Fab front bumper and Warn M12000 with a really crappy synthetic winch line..... And some other stuff.... Minus some stickers now, and soon to have new badges...
4.jpg
4.jpg flex.jpg IMG_5343.JPG water.jpg

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

I currently have a 2018 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4. I want to do a slow build up on it, since I’m new with 4wheeling and it’s my Daily Driver and 5th Wheel Camper Tow Rig(currently).
I do plan to do some light modifications to get it leveled and sitting it correctly with wheels and tires first. Any tips or advice would be great!!!
Nice looking rig. Great to see another RAM here. I would suggest browsing the ram forums and going through the lifted section. A lot of great info. My one piece of advice is if you lift do uca as well. Even at stock heights our trucks have been known to pop ball joints at full droop. My build is slow as well

RockyMountaineer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Laramie, WY, USA
First Name
Mathew
Last Name
Threadgill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N5MST
Nice looking rig. Great to see another RAM here. I would suggest browsing the ram forums and going through the lifted section. A lot of great info. My one piece of advice is if you lift do uca as well. Even at stock heights our trucks have been known to pop ball joints at full droop. My build is slow as well
Nice looking truck. I have the same truck just a couple years older. When it comes to suspension the Ram beans does have as large of an after market follow as Ford and GM. Not to mention the rear coil springs makes things a little different. After looking at options for a while now I figured this much out. For a simple 4-6 inch lift pro comp is probably the most complete solution you will find. If you want something like long travel suspension then you be ready to pay and and you aren't going to have many choices. As for time like uninstall control arms and coil overs you will be best severed buying them as individual components and adding then onto a lift kit.

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nice looking truck. I have the same truck just a couple years older. When it comes to suspension the Ram beans does have as large of an after market follow as Ford and GM. Not to mention the rear coil springs makes things a little different. After looking at options for a while now I figured this much out. For a simple 4-6 inch lift pro comp is probably the most complete solution you will find. If you want something like long travel suspension then you be ready to pay and and you aren't going to have many choices. As for time like uninstall control arms and coil overs you will be best severed buying them as individual components and adding then onto a lift kit.
I am going to go with custom set of kings valved and tuned by Carli plus a set of Carli rear springs since I will be towing a lot. More than likely I will be going with maxtrac uca. They are about the same price as everyone one else but they seem to be slightly beefier in their design. I will also be adding a set of bags in the rear just to help with the squat from the trailer when towing.

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
Are you doing 20lbs of boost stock or is that an aftermarket turbo?
It is a Holset. I have no idea if stock or modified in some fashion.

Given the fact the truck is capable of laying down a destroyer class smoke screen I have no doubt there are some mods in there. Best guess is a #10 fuel plate and marine injectors, but that is just a guess.

If I nail the fuel I think the boost can hit up to 40 or so. If I nail it I have a reason for that and my eyes are on that reason, but The Varmints get all excited about how high the needle goes on the gauge.

805RADO

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Ynez, CA, USA
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Sasquatch
Member #

I think I found your youtube link when I was looking for racks and rooftop tents.

I am still trying to decide if I want a rack on my truck bed or if I want to buy a truck cab and then add a mattress.

Thanks for the suggestions.
HEY!!! yep haha.
My thoughts on bed cabs is you normally have to take everything out to sleep in it, which can get annoying depending on amount of stuff you bring. Racks like this cant hold as much in the bed on a day to day basis, but minimal set up for sleeping.

DVC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hackettstown, NJ
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
R
Member #

HEY!!! yep haha.
My thoughts on bed cabs is you normally have to take everything out to sleep in it, which can get annoying depending on amount of stuff you bring. Racks like this cant hold as much in the bed on a day to day basis, but minimal set up for sleeping.
My thoughts too...same with a truck bed tent.

Also, I always prefer the look of a truck with a rack to one with a cap.

805RADO

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Ynez, CA, USA
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Sasquatch
Member #

My thoughts too...same with a truck bed tent.

Also, I always prefer the look of a truck with a rack to one with a cap.
I also like that if I ever had to haul something of strange size (large couch or mattress), I just take the tent off and strap it to the rack. That rack says like 600lbs but that was with only 2 pairs of legs. I added a third pair so maybe my limit is 800 now? idk.

Reactions: David S

Traveler I

Nor Cal
I also like that if I ever had to haul something of strange size (large couch or mattress), I just take the tent off and strap it to the rack. That rack says like 600lbs but that was with only 2 pairs of legs. I added a third pair so maybe my limit is 800 now? idk.
If I got the truckcab I would add the decked drawers underneath the matress.
I'm still trying to decide what is the best route to go.