Member #

2017 GMC Sierra 2500 All Terrain X
W/ Duramax (6.6l TD).

Truck itself is 100% OEM plus the following no-drill add-ons:

Retrax pro tonneau
prototype 2" tube/bar mounted in stake pockets
Tuff stuff ranger RTT
Thule roof rack + air screen

Only pics on this phone. More updates to come.

Attachments

Last edited:

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

Traded my little jeep patriot for something more useful. I also found that my cot fits perfectly in the truck bed so camp sites just got a whole lot easier. I wanted the diesel option but it wouldn't fit in my price range. That said, no complaints about a 5.7 hemi. It also uses the same fuel as everything else.

Added a grill guard and built a pvc truck bed cover. Can't go down the highway with a tarp on it but it should be nice sleeping under.

4x4ready

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Los Angeles, CA
First Name
4X4
Last Name
READY
Member #

Nice GMC.

Your gas is almost $ 1.00 per gallon higher than Southern Illinois.
Thank you.

Its also crazy that even within a 20 mile radius its price can be .35-.40 less. I use a gas buddy app to find it usually but in that picture I was on my way out of downtown LA - so paid the price.

Where I usually fill-up it's $2.75-$2.80 on the same day its $3.2x elsewhere. no picnic but better.

Chicken Helmet

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jacksonville, Fl.
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Haning
Member #

My first 4wd was an 85 Ramcharger. I loved it. Had to sell it for personal reasons in 2000. This spring I received a letter stating it was at a tow yard and would be going to auction if I didn’t pay the fees. It was in rough shape and I didn’t need another project. I’ve always liked 4wd SUV’s.

Chicken Helmet

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jacksonville, Fl.
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Haning
Member #

I saw a nice Ramcharger going down Hwy 45 in Southern Il. last week. It was nice enough to catch my eye and make my brain hit "save image"........................
Lol. Mine was nice and rust free when I owned it. 6” lift and 35 BFG Mud Terrains then Boggers. Now I have a lowered 86 D150 and a lifted Durango. Guess I go both ways. Not that there’s anything wrong with that if its what you’re into.

Reactions: zcg4755

renodemona

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TCT
IMAG00202.JPG Couple of shots of Susan, need to find some more recent ones. 1976 Cherokee Chief. Has been a labor of love and sometimes hate for more than 4 years now. Very capable rig all things considered and tons of storage. Roams down the road fine at 65. No A/C but the heater works good.IMAG01674.JPG

Tex68w

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Victoria, Texas
Member #

View attachment 42616 Couple of shots of Susan, need to find some more recent ones. 1976 Cherokee Chief. Has been a labor of love and sometimes hate for more than 4 years now. Very capable rig all things considered and tons of storage. Roams down the road fine at 65. No A/C but the heater works good.View attachment 42617

Love it! A buddy of mine has a fully custom Chief on 37's, awesome Jeeps, his has been a labor of love for 10 years now.

Tex68w

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Victoria, Texas
Member #

Here's the new rig. 2017 Ford F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab FX4 6.7L PSD. #1177

I picked up Tepui Kukenam Ruggedized Sky, now I need to decide between a Leitner rack or Snugtop Camper with roof rack. Front bumper and 12K Warn Zeon should go on soon.

Mods (so far):

*BDS 4" radius arm lift with Fox Coil Overs
*BDS Dual steering stabilizer w/Fox 2.0's
*Sulastic shackles in the rear
*Raceline 934BZ Clutch wheels in Bronze 20x10" -19mm BS 4.75" offset
*Toyo Open Country RT 37x12.50R20's