Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Dude, thank you so much! They may brackets for the 07-14 GM 1500 also. The first I’ve found.
Nice find, 2003 compatible GM........VERY NICE :hearteyes:.......And because they are not sold under a 'Comm' gear category, you get 2, not just one. I mounted a future Antenna base on the left fender/hood location for a possible phone booster or for a comm install. As a "get it while available type find", AKA....You Snooze, you lose type of thing. At the moment I have a Wilson 5000 spring mounted on the left front bed location (CB, on a QR base), a NMO on the right front bed (GMRS)....3 foot, not a stubby,, and a magnetic roof top antenna that serves as a possible GMRS or as used as a adapted handheld scanner extension for use over the 'rubber ducky' H/H unit antenna.

I also did a accessory on the right front upper Bull Bar tab, that allows possible versatility(multi-use) on a future project write-up. This leaves me the upper L/F tab open for....SOMETHING:hearteyes: in the future. Thanks for the update, as those who follow the SILVERADO thread appreciate any gear updates that are found out there!

Jay Smallen

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gardnerville Ranchos, NV, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Smallen
Member #

Things are starting to come together. Most of the suspension is on as of last week. Still waiting on some drop links I think and a front bumper?

Flatbed got finished and went on yesterday. By the way Battle Born Welding in Gardnerville are awesome fabricators if you need a repair or flatbed lol. And the fuel fill works! I think it's going to end up in a box right there though

We're hoping to get some time to get the camper on and start getting the rig together. Very stoked!!

Back yard adventures due to COVID?

Attachments

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Yes, Tradesman with Power Wagon package on it
Nice, ive been thinking about trading my silverado for a power wagon. Its gotta be alot of thinking tho as im not a dodge fan, my family has had dodge vehicles and there was always something wrong with them.

Reactions: bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Nice, ive been thinking about trading my silverado for a power wagon. Its gotta be alot of thinking tho as im not a dodge fan, my family has had dodge vehicles and there was always something wrong with them.
Dodge hasn't made a truck in 10 years. I am trading a 2016 Ram 2500 6.4 gas, crew cab 4x4 in on it. It has 155,000 miles on it with no significant problems, it still has the oem brakes on it. Before that I had a 2006 3500 drw. I also have a 2020 Gladiator, and before that a 2017 JKR. FCA has been good to me.

If that have had any one singular item that made me uneasy it was their transmixxers, and all of that ended with the adoption of ZF designed transmissions. You can buy a new 2021 configured as above well below $50k, and nothing can touch it in the suspension market from the showroom floor. Articulation =traction and no other full size truck even comes close.

Reactions: DevilDodge

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Im still unsure of it tho, my silverado has been great with everything so far. One personal choice is I dont like the gear selector knob in the dodges

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Im still unsure of it tho, my silverado has been great with everything so far. One personal choice is I dont like the gear selector knob in the dodges
It will be the first one I've had with a rotary gear selector, but if the transmission is electronically actuated it makes sense. I have rented/driven several with rotary actuators and while odd, I didn't find them problematic

G & J

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Lake Tahoe, United States
First Name
GregAndJulianna
Last Name
W
Member #

Just sent my Ram 2500 into AEV to get its Prospector XL conversion done.

I am planning on getting a clear wrap put on to protect the paint from the Nevada pinstripes . If anyone has any recommendations on wrap installers, let me know.

I also have to figure out how to put some rock sliders on and keep the Amp powersteps.

Reactions: RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Just sent my Ram 2500 into AEV to get its Prospector XL conversion done.

I am planning on getting a clear wrap put on to protect the paint from the Nevada pinstripes . If anyone has any recommendations on wrap installers, let me know.

I also have to figure out how to put some rock sliders on and keep the Amp powersteps.
That's gonna be a nice conversion for sure. I have the Amp powersteps so I'd be interested to see what solution you find to have both sliders and powersteps. The powersteps are pretty tucked in, but yeah could easily be damaged during any rock crawling.

Reactions: G & J

G & J

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
GregAndJulianna
Last Name
W
Member #

I have not researched to see if anyone makes sliders for the 2500, but I know anything off the shelf will not work the the powersteps, so I am sure I will have to fabricate something custom. Just a matter of whether or not I can mod an off the shelf product or build from scratch.

My initial thought is to put a couple notches in the rail to allow the step arms to swing through them. I just don’t want to lose a lot of ground clearance by having the rails set down too low to clear the swing of the steps.
I

Reactions: RoarinRow

G & J

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
GregAndJulianna
Last Name
W
Member #

If it was easy, everyone would be doin’ it . I like a challenge.

I have already been toying with the idea of using the step actuators to swing a slider out as a step and having it nest into a set of brackets when retracted that will support the vertical and horizontal loads when using it as a slider.

Reactions: DieselRamOverlander