Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Our new rig is a 2020 Prospector with a Scout camper. Absolutely love the set up for longer trips but miss our previous rig that was a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 with a canopy camper set up.
I like your newer setup!

However, as the current owner of a 2014 GMC Sierra with canopy camper, i have to ask: what was it that caused you to part with it? Seems like a nice truck. I know mine is.

20200802_143423.jpg20200801_180800.jpg

TheMortells

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Edgewater, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Mortell
Member #

I like your newer setup!

However, as the current owner of a 2014 GMC Sierra with canopy camper, i have to ask: what was it that caused you to part with it? Seems like a nice truck. I know mine is.

View attachment 179104View attachment 179105
Honestly we only upgraded because we are toying around with the idea of living out of a truck bed camper for a year and traveling. I loved the Sierra set up as well and it was definitely tough to let it go. I was thinking of going with a Sierra 2500 but then found the Prospector package and just loved the look of it and really appreciated AEV's attention to detail and quality of build.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
  • Haha
Reactions: RoarinRow

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Honestly we only upgraded because we are toying around with the idea of living out of a truck bed camper for a year and traveling. I loved the Sierra set up as well and it was definitely tough to let it go. I was thinking of going with a Sierra 2500 but then found the Prospector package and just loved the look of it and really appreciated AEV's attention to detail and quality of build.
That Prospector is really a nice piece of truck!

Reactions: TheMortells

Rodd

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Las vegas
Member #

1999 Dodge Ram 2500, Cummins. AT. 120000 miles, commercial cap fully spray foam insulated overlayed with carpet. Leveling kit with redhead steering box and bilstein shocks. 285/75 r 17 les Schwab tires.

Attachments

Reactions: Vadim and RoarinRow

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Yeah, I love my 2014 Sierra as well. I have also thought about going with a 2500, since they even handle slide-ins like your Scout much easier.

What's the lift and tires/size of that Sierra?

TheMortells

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Edgewater, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Mortell
Member #

Yeah, I love my 2014 Sierra as well. I have also thought about going with a 2500, since they even handle slide-ins like your Scout much easier.

What's the lift and tires/size of that Sierra?
The Sierra only had a 2" leveling kit and 33" Falken Wildpeaks.