Francis84

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Opelika, Alabama
First Name
Francis
Last Name
Huber
While it adds nothing to the ability of the truck (maybe slightly better air flow into the radiator), it give it that aggressive look of the Raptor. Also, any suggestions on a good tuner kit to help with overall power and to correct the speedometer due to my larger tires? Looking to get that next spring and wanted some feedback.20190617_200406.jpeg20190617_111042.jpeg

Landsat8

Rank II

Enthusiast III

While it adds nothing to the ability of the truck (maybe slightly better air flow into the radiator), it give it that aggressive look of the Raptor. Also, any suggestions on a good tuner kit to help with overall power and to correct the speedometer due to my larger tires? Looking to get that next spring and wanted some feedback.View attachment 104824View attachment 104825
I just added the same grill. Some may call me a poser but the Chrome XLT grill on my truck was atrocious and I like the look.

As far as correcting for tire diameter, I believe you can correct it with Forscan (Freeware) on a laptop and an OBD-2 connector ($20).

Reactions: Francis84

Francis84

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Opelika, Alabama
First Name
Francis
Last Name
Huber
I just added the same grill. Some may call me a poser but the Chrome XLT grill on my truck was atrocious and I like the look.

As far as correcting for tire diameter, I believe you can correct it with Forscan (Freeware) on a laptop and an OBD-2 connector ($20).
I agree with you on the chrome grill, I was glad mine the painted grill on it. I guess they can call us posers, lol, but I just like the big F O R D and led light. I have heard of Forscan, but will it help with power and towing efficiency?

Landsat8

Rank II

Enthusiast III

I agree with you on the chrome grill, I was glad mine the painted grill on it. I guess they can call us posers, lol, but I just like the big F O R D and led light. I have heard of Forscan, but will it help with power and towing efficiency?
No, its an open source program to enable different features or make adjustments. I have used it to enable the backup camera after I installed one.

I haven’t found a need to tune my truck. 3.5 Ecoboost is sufficient for my needs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Francis84

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

Do you have pics of how the slide mount is mounted. I have my ARB Element fridge in same position it would be nice to slide it out a bit.
I cut a board out of Maple for the bench seat and mounted the slide with T-nuts. The back edge of the board is straight. The front edge narrows as it approaches the doors. I have angled the slide on the board so it clears the door easier. The board is strapped down around the seat and to anchor points. I made two sets of mounting points for the slide so I can have the fridge on either side. Here is a pic of the board without the slide on it. Ignore the smaller board on the right. That is the one for my LJ. The fridge gets moved between vehicles.

slide mount sm.jpg

Grizzlyoverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Rapid City, SD
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Heckel
Member #

Thanks man.
I'm pretty stoked on your rig too.
Additionally, I think I'm going to try my hand at drone photography next year.
(it's good that I've managed to resist the temptation, up until now)
But I don't think i'll last much longer.
I have a bunch more on it on Facebook under grizzly overland

Reactions: Mr.Cade

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
While it adds nothing to the ability of the truck (maybe slightly better air flow into the radiator), it give it that aggressive look of the Raptor. Also, any suggestions on a good tuner kit to help with overall power and to correct the speedometer due to my larger tires? Looking to get that next spring and wanted some feedback.
I highly recommend Livernois Motorsports for Ford tuners. They actually test every tune on the dyno, leave safeties in place and back up their product 100% with lifetime tune updates. Livernois also has worked with Ford SVT in the past on multiple projects. I have used their tuners on two vehicles personally and love them. I would also recommend you stay as far away from Banks as you can. I had a horrible experience with their tuner, turbo kit and most importantly their customer service.

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
I would also recommend you stay as far away from Banks as you can. I had a horrible experience with their tuner, turbo kit and most importantly their customer service.
You are not the first person I have heard complain about their customer service. It seems to be a theme.

Landsat8

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Have any of you F150 guys relocated your differential breathers? I’ve been thinking of picking up the ARB kit but I’m not sure if it will fit as it seems like they are marketed more towards Toyotas. Also, are there any other breathers located low on the frame?

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
Have any of you F150 guys relocated your differential breathers? I’ve been thinking of picking up the ARB kit but I’m not sure if it will fit as it seems like they are marketed more towards Toyotas. Also, are there any other breathers located low on the frame?
That’s on my list too. There are 4 breathers total.

jramonv69

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Chula Vista, CA, USA
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Villa
Member #

Trying to share photos, let’s see if this works. For some reason, the add photo icon only appears after I save the message. Sorry can’t share