Let's see those full size rigs - Trucks & SUV

• HTML tutorial

53kemper

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Woodland Hills California
Member #

I debated the same issue but decided against them in the end. They eat up to much bed space and effectively kill the idea of a topper or tonneau cover.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I thought I was going to lose a lot of bed space but with the storage I gain with the ram boxes it was well worth it. All my gear goes in these boxes and they lock with remote. I even have my hilift in one of them with tons of room to spare. Tow gear, winch remote, tire compressor, travel tools etc. stilll have room for more. Don't think I'll ever get a truck without them.

Kenslittle72

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Princeton, Moorpark
Member #

View attachment 24265

Blackie is a work in progress but she can pull her weight. 24 valve Cummins, 6 speed, 35's, long arm kit with Fox coil overs up front and Fox shox in back. Soon to have a full solar setup with house battery, on board water, HAM/CB, etc. Having fun and it gives me something to do. Can't wait to get on the trails with some new folks.
I want a service bed on the back of mine so bad...

RockyMountaineer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Laramie, WY, USA
First Name
Mathew
Last Name
Threadgill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N5MST
I thought I was going to lose a lot of bed space but with the storage I gain with the ram boxes it was well worth it. All my gear goes in these boxes and they lock with remote. I even have my hilift in one of them with tons of room to spare. Tow gear, winch remote, tire compressor, travel tools etc. stilll have room for more. Don't think I'll ever get a truck without them.
It is all about how you use your vehicle. I haul around to much that needs cover (dog predominantly). So the truck cap is more valuable to me. Not to mention people would look at me funny when I tried to shove a Mastiff in a Ram Box.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CatButt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Redondo Beach, Ca
First Name
Rem
Last Name
Wyatt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6HMC
Service Branch
USMC
I looked for a very long time to find the right service bed. Being a single wheel, short bed made it quite a challenge. I saw a million steel beds but most were so trashed they were basically junk. I saw one or two aluminum beds but they wanted a and arm and a leg. I finally saw a fiberglass bed on a dually work truck and I went to their webpage and saw they made one for a SRW short bed. By a miracle, a few weeks later I saw one on Craigslist and I pounced on it.

The one I got is made by Brand FX...it is SUPER thick (but I am still going to build some armor for it) and well sealed up. It only weighs 650lbs (per Brand FX). It had a crappy contractor style lumber rack on it, but I ditched that right away and built the aluminum rack for it. The rack is totally modular and repairable.

In the next few months I am building a dual battery setup, inverter, solar setup, etc...all installed in one of the boxes. That will leave plenty of room left over for normal storage in the rest of the boxes.

So far I am super stoked on it and I think as time goes on I am more convinced it was the right thing to do.

Reactions: Daryl 32

Ron Clark

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Monstro 1.jpg
2002 Excursion Limited 7.3 Power stroke.

So here is what has been done so far.
New Front Bumper, Road Armor Lone Star
Warn VS12 Winch - synthetic rope and wireless remote
PIAA extreme fog lights
PIAA extreme driving lights
New head lights - Spyder Halo
All new Moog Steering components
New Adjustable track bar after lift
Dual Fox Steering Stabilizers
BDS 4" lift
Wheels - 17" XD Rock Star III - custom trim ring and center star
Nitto Trail Grappler MT tires 35"