Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
We headed out to fall creek falls, and made our way to the Idaho and Wyoming border. Came back into Idaho and had some square ice cream at the rainey creek gas station. We had a blast!

Attachments

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Alabama Hills up by Lone Pine, CA and Death Valley. Wow!!! That is a big place. Not sure we'll visit again. Too many people in the Alabama Hills (every nook and cranny was filled with a car, truck or van). And, in Death Valley, we weren't able to find any dispersed camping, so we ended up camping with everyone else. Though we love our National Parks and support them, we're probably going to steer clear from now on. When I'm in my rig, I want to be OTG!!Death Valley 2020.jpgLand Cruiser Alabama Hills 2020.jpg

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Alabama Hills up by Lone Pine, CA and Death Valley. Wow!!! That is a big place. Not sure we'll visit again. Too many people in the Alabama Hills (every nook and cranny was filled with a car, truck or van). And, in Death Valley, we weren't able to find any dispersed camping, so we ended up camping with everyone else. Though we love our National Parks and support them, we're probably going to steer clear from now on. When I'm in my rig, I want to be OTG!!View attachment 180390View attachment 180391
Wow! I remember that area being miles of empty. Of course that was in the early 80s.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Alabama Hills up by Lone Pine, CA and Death Valley. Wow!!! That is a big place. Not sure we'll visit again. Too many people in the Alabama Hills (every nook and cranny was filled with a car, truck or van). And, in Death Valley, we weren't able to find any dispersed camping, so we ended up camping with everyone else. Though we love our National Parks and support them, we're probably going to steer clear from now on. When I'm in my rig, I want to be OTG!!View attachment 180390View attachment 180391
Fine looking rig and fine looking couple. I agree about the crowd's, I'm not anti social but when I go boon docking I wanna be alone or with my choice of people.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Wow! I remember that area being miles of empty. Of course that was in the early 80s.
Last time I was up in that area was 2016. Was pretty empty then.

Unfortunately for those who like to get out there away from everyone else this is what it's going to be like for the foreseeable future.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Last time I was up in that area was 2016. Was pretty empty then.

Unfortunately for those who like to get out there away from everyone else this is what it's going to be like for the foreseeable future.
There are lots of places to to stay. Go away from the trade routes. (the spots everybody mentions here) I have gone days without seeing many vehicles. Bridgeport, Mojave National Preserve away from the Mojave trail, Sandy Valley, Red Rock, Charleston Peak, N V. Baja, Google Earth is your friend.

Enthusiast III

South Dayton, NY, USA
First Name
Ronald
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Service Branch
USMC 85'-89'
Just a little trail wheeling on a lazy Sunday afternoon....enjoying the peace and solitude of the wilderness.

Attachments

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Ha Just moved to Austin about 5 months ago, about 2 minutes from Buda! These were from Colorado where I lived before (and still have a place in Grand County).

This one is more like home...

View attachment 180797
Wait until that turns to this in March.

6F5CF819-0AA8-4D8E-B4BD-5DB9540FD115.jpeg