Lets see some trail photos!

• HTML tutorial
The wife and i will be going up that way in July and plan on going there. Would love some tips on the area so I can Enjoy this place also.
Happy to help you out. Stop at either the 'North' or the 'South' welcome station; the North is more accessible from Interstate 24 heading towards Nashville, and pick up their authorized LBL map. It will show, in detail, most of the approved forest service roads in that area. They are known as "three-numbered roads" identified by small posted road signs (such as 374, 316, etc). I can send to your email addy, a couple of GPS tracks of the area that others have created. All are doable in a 4X4 with a few creek crossings. with just a few that are deeply rutted. There is an ORV area known as 'Turkey Bay' which is regularly frequently visited by dirt bikes, UTVs, Jeeps, etc. A nominal fee is required. The surrounding area is quite beautiful and there is a lot of history in the area as well. There is no gas available within LBL; nearest stations would be at the south entrance of Dover, TN or at the north entrance of Grand Rivers, KY. Being a 'newbie' on here, I'm not permitted to add a link, but you can Goodle LBL and learn all about it befor visiting. Enjoy.

Reactions: theBROFESSOR

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Happy to help you out. Stop at either the 'North' or the 'South' welcome station; the North is more accessible from Interstate 24 heading towards Nashville, and pick up their authorized LBL map. It will show, in detail, most of the approved forest service roads in that area. They are known as "three-numbered roads" identified by small posted road signs (such as 374, 316, etc). I can send to your email addy, a couple of GPS tracks of the area that others have created. All are doable in a 4X4 with a few creek crossings. with just a few that are deeply rutted. There is an ORV area known as 'Turkey Bay' which is regularly frequently visited by dirt bikes, UTVs, Jeeps, etc. A nominal fee is required. The surrounding area is quite beautiful and there is a lot of history in the area as well. There is no gas available within LBL; nearest stations would be at the south entrance of Dover, TN or at the north entrance of Grand Rivers, KY. Being a 'newbie' on here, I'm not permitted to add a link, but you can Goodle LBL and learn all about it befor visiting. Enjoy.
Thank you. I would Appreciate the tracks for sure. I’ll PM my email.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Recon with my bike to see how good or not the trail was before taking my van out.

This particular ride was around eight miles in Big Bend NP. Those are the Chisos Mountains in the background. Rangers said some of the steeper-sided arroyos on this trail may not be as passable the further in I went.

I originally got the bike as insurance in case my van breaks down and I need a quicker-than-walking way to get off the trail. I quickly found, though, how handy my bike is to scout ahead before taking the van and trailer out a trail I may regret. Great for running errands into town as well, or just for exploring in ways you can't do in your vehicle. Backpack, plenty water and some energy snacks, hat and shades, gps or compass and map, good to go. Great fun, too.

I'd have to say this bike is the second best (to my trailer) investment I've made in off-road and camping gear.

roaddude_sondors_bigbend-0831.jpg

Last edited: