Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Haasnoot
Member #

@DanW It's a really neat spot, hard to believe someone decided "Yep... this is where we'll build a homestead"

Pith Dude

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Lueker
Member #

I posted a few of these before on this site, so I hope it's not a breach of etiquette to post them again, but here's a few from a cross-country trip we took last September. It was new Mavic Mini and I'd never used a drone before.

Attachments

Nomad164

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Fehlauer
Member #

Here are some taken with my old Phantom 3 Standard here in Western Australia. I now have the Fimi X8 SE 2020 drone but haven't had the chance to get out and use it but I have included one image taken in my local area.

The Old Mt Jackson Homestead, Yilgarn Region, Western Australia

2019-03-03 Drone 005-Edit.jpg

Helena and Aurora Ranges, Yilgarn Region, Western Australia

2019-06-02 Drone 006-Pano-Edit.jpg

Wardaggar Rock, Mid-west Region, Western Australia

2019-09-29 Drone 006-Pano-Edit.jpg

Our campertrailer set-up at the base of Wardaggar Rock

2019-09-29 Drone 013-Edit.jpg

Point Peron, Rockingham, Western Australia - shot with my new Fimi X8 SE 2020 drone

2021-01-16 Drone 002-Edit.jpg

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Here are some taken with my old Phantom 3 Standard here in Western Australia. I now have the Fimi X8 SE 2020 drone but haven't had the chance to get out and use it but I have included one image taken in my local area.

The Old Mt Jackson Homestead, Yilgarn Region, Western Australia

View attachment 187292

Helena and Aurora Ranges, Yilgarn Region, Western Australia

View attachment 187296

Wardaggar Rock, Mid-west Region, Western Australia

View attachment 187297

Our campertrailer set-up at the base of Wardaggar Rock

View attachment 187298

Point Peron, Rockingham, Western Australia - shot with my new Fimi X8 SE 2020 drone

View attachment 187299
Wow, great shots! Thanks for sharing! What happened to the Old Mt Jackson Homestead?

Nomad164

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Karl
Last Name
Fehlauer
Member #

Wow, great shots! Thanks for sharing! What happened to the Old Mt Jackson Homestead?
The old Mt Jackson was a large cattle station (same as a ranch) and it had over 40 buildings there - many were houses for the workers and the homestead in the photo was originally the Freemason's Lodge.

Eventually, overtime the Station downsized and the Freemason's Lodge became the homestead and most of the other buildings were dismantled and moved to other towns etc (recycling at it's finest).

Then about 40 years ago (I think) the Station was abandoned and fell into ruin and due to time, weather and idiots has lead to its current state.

The Station has started up again with new cattle being raised plus there is a lot of gold mining going on as well.

It is only one of about 1/2 dozen abandoned homesteads within about 100 km or so.

Karl

Nomad164

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Karl
Last Name
Fehlauer
Member #

Here are a couple more taken with my new Fimi X8 SE 2020 drone.

I like the still images it takes and it has a 'wide panorama' mode and takes three rows of four images (top, middle and bottom) and does a reasonably good job; however, the downside is that when it takes these images they are JPEG only.

If taking a single image you can shoot in Raw.

One thing I like about the drone is the quality of the video - it is simply stunning, much, much better than the video quality of my old Phantom 3 Standard.

Bird Island (single image).

2021-02-13 Drone 002-Edit.jpg

Point Peron (8 image 'wide panorama').

2021-02-16 Panorama - 013-Pano-Edit.jpg

Seal Island (8 image 'wide panorama') - this island is a bachelor pad for juvenile male seals.

2021-02-20 Drone 004-Edit.jpg

Rock just south of Seal Island (8 image 'wide panorama').

2021-02-20 Drone 006-Edit.jpg

Looking north along the Western Australian coastline (8 image 'wide panorama').

2021-02-20 Panorama - 001-Pano.jpg

Last edited:

nolimitsoverland

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

Here are a couple more taken with my new Fimi X8 SE 2020 drone.

I like the still images it takes and it has a 'wide panorama' mode and takes three rows of four images (top, middle and bottom) and does a reasonably good job; however, the downside is that when it takes these images they are JPEG only.

If taking a single image you can shoot in Raw.

One thing I like about the drone is the quality of the video - it is simply stunning, much, much better than the video quality of my old Phantom 3 Standard.

Bird Island (single image).

View attachment 188861

Point Peron (8 image 'wide panorama').

View attachment 188862

Seal Island (8 image 'wide panorama') - this island is a bachelor pad for juvenile meal seals.

View attachment 188863

Rock just south of Seal Island (8 image 'wide panorama').

View attachment 188864

Looking north along the Western Australian coastline (8 image 'wide panorama').

View attachment 188865
Great shots and love that crystal clear water!

Reactions: Desert Runner

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I am making a play on an awesome used Autel drone here locally. I need one for my business and this one fits the bill quite nicely. 1/2 the price of new and in like new condition. Deals like this don't come along every day. I am jumping on it. I will report back after a few test flights. Also writing my drone pilots license.

Mustang03

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Green Valley, AZ
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Lavender
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE5ATG
Service Branch
U.S. Marine Corps
Looking south into Chino Canyon, south of Tucson, AZ. Mavic Air 2. 40% to hold down file size. For those who know the area, that rock face to the left is the lower west side of Elephant Head. The truck is parked about 50' from the edge of the Mt. Wrightson Wilderness area.Chino_Canyon_Pano.jpeg