Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
This year there will be the OTTO show again. OTTO stands for Offroad and Tourism Days Ohrdruf. A small, very nice overlanding fair in great, scenic surroundings. It's a great place to meet and exchange ideas with some OverlandBound members.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Nice one. It is during our holiday. But if all goes well we will be in Portugal then.
If that is not an option, well we will see.

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
It really is a small, family fair. Rather meeting character I would say! Nice.

At the same location, by the way, the "Wie-Wild Camp" has opened again this year, so you will find a camp around the castle and pond. It is a beautiful, idyllic location. I have entered this here in the map. Take a look.

Yes, and it is centrally located, so that it is easily and quickly accessible for many. Would be supercool if we would meet with a few OB members there in the fall!

Reactions: MazeVX

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Who is planning to come to the OTTO show? I have registered and will be there Thursday through Sunday.

Tickets: Produkte – Offroad- & Touristik-Tage Ohrdruf

I will talk to the organizer and ask if we can please have a common OB spot in the camp if we come with several OB members. It would be great if you could tell me briefly if and when you are coming. That will help me to organize this better. Thank you!

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Nice, if we are not going to Portugal, it could fit in our planning, but not at this moment as we have plans to go to Portugal that time of year.

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I'm thinking about going Friday to Saturday or Saturday to Sunday, need to decide soon...
Great. Looking forward to a meeting.

By the way, the location of the show is not only centrally located in Germany, but is also easily accessible, for example via the nearby A4 and A71 freeways.

I will be in the area the week before the show because I am doing an event in the region. So, maybe 2 or 4 days prior to the OTTO show I will go for a short trip on some small roads in the area. Whoever wants to join me is very welcome. I will keep you posted and create a RP if I will do that.

Last edited:

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
There is a possibility for groups to have a common place in the camp. Please let me know if you bought the tickets in the store (order/ticket no., car registration number, name/ first name), then I will talk to the organizer and we can merge the bookings for the common place. Thank you!

Cheers, Björn

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Just looked at the the tickets today, was slightly confused because they talked about things in the description that I could not find in the ticket shop. Unsure if I go 1 or 2 nights yet and that seems to be a different camp place for 1 night?

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
It's all in one place. For the show including the camp, the area around Ohrdruf Castle is used.

With the tickets it is very simple:
  • You first book a ticket for the vehicle. This is the basis, because the vehicle is decisive for the required camp pitch size. There are different pitch sizes to choose.
  • For each participant, except for the person already registered with the vehicle, there is a separate additional registration.
  • Each participant will receive after booking and payment a personal ticket, which is also valid as a registration form because of C19.
I ordered the tickets some days ago and it worked exactly like that. I will be there from October, 7 to 10.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Ticket is ordered Friday to Sunday... Hope I will make it Friday afternoon!
Great. Please, if you like to join the common OB place in Camp, name me order/ticket no., car registration number, name/ first name.

This is what the organizer needs from a group to set up a common place in the camp. Thanks. Of course, for this to happen, a few OB members will have to come, so we'll see.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
That´s great! So I have the necessary from you and Mathias now. All others who would like to attend and camp in the common OB spot at the event, please do not forget to sent me order/ticket no., car registration number, name/ first name. Thanks. So I can liaise with the organisator to get a common spot for us.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I have now gathered the necessary information for the common pitch as far as I got it from you and sent it to the organizer. So in total four rigs. I look forward to seeing you all at the OTTO.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Yeah, only a couple of days and OTTO starts... will meetup with @Robert OB 33/48 tomorrow We will do some tours together in the next days and will arrive at the expo on Thursday. See you there.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello all,

We had a super great time at the OTTO overlanding and offroad expo in Thuringia/ Germany. I hope that everyone arrived back home safe and sound. It was nice to meet you all.

We were 6 Overland Bound rigs in total and had a common place in the big camp directly at the pond below the castle. Great that Tomas @Wranglervirus made the long journey from Lithuania with about 1,300km. Super. That is the spirit.
The event had a big camp area with many interesting rigs of all sizes to see, a few exhibitors and a program with presentations, workshops, music in the evening, etc. We had good talks, barbeque and met a lot of nice people. At night there were already autumn temperatures around zero celsius and so everyone gathered together at the campfires. A great time. I will upload some more photos later.

I am already looking forward to next year!

Cheers, Björn

Wranglervirus

Local Expert North/East Europe

Advocate III

Žuvų gatvė 9-2, Šakiai, 47412 Lithuania
First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

Hello all,

We had a super great time at the OTTO overlanding and offroad expo in Thuringia/ Germany. I hope that everyone arrived back home safe and sound. It was nice to meet you all.

We were 6 Overland Bound rigs in total and had a common place in the big camp directly at the pond below the castle. Great that Tomas @Wranglervirus made the long journey from Lithuania with about 1,300km. Super. That is the spirit.
The event had a big camp area with many interesting rigs of all sizes to see, a few exhibitors and a program with presentations, workshops, music in the evening, etc. We had good talks, barbeque and met a lot of nice people. At night there were already autumn temperatures around zero celsius and so everyone gathered together at the campfires. A great time. I will upload some more photos later.

I am already looking forward to next year!

Cheers, Björn
For me it was nice finally meet everyone in person! We had nice conversation and had great experience with low temp sleeping :)