Las Vegas to Grand Canyon to Hollywood

• HTML tutorial

Brooks Travel Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kissimmee, FL
Member #

Hello All! Looking for some advice on some can't miss stops that we could see on our trip. I am not taking my rig and we are renting just a regular 2wd SUV. So no crazy offroad spots. We are flying into Las Vegas on the 29th of this month and going to the Grand Canyon and Hoover dam on the 30-31st then heading to Hollywood on the 1st coming back to Vegas on the 2nd to fly out at night. As you can see we do not have much time this trip but would like to see some cool things off the beaten path. Any advice would be appreciated as I have not yet traveled west of Dallas.

Superduty

Rank II

Enthusiast III

When are you going to see these other locations off the beaten path?

Going to Hollywood on the 1st....that's a 4.5 hour drive with one gas stop and no traffic. Then you are going back to Vegas the next day, another 4.5 hour drive.....and need to return rental and get to airport early enough for flight.

I assume you have some plans while in Los Angeles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Brooks Travel Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kissimmee, FL
Member #

When are you going to see these other locations off the beaten path?

Going to Hollywood on the 1st....that's a 4.5 hour drive with one gas stop and no traffic. Then you are going back to Vegas the next day, another 4.5 hour drive.....and need to return rental and get to airport early enough for flight.

I assume you have some plans while in Los Angeles.

We have some, mostly seeing places where my wife grew up, but our flight leaves at 11:59 pm. We will be doing that stuff on the second before heading back. We will be leaving Vegas early in the morning. Not looking for any major trips, just something cool that may be a little out of the way. It could also be something that is around the grand canyon side as well that is a must see but not as well known.

Superduty

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Have you already seen everything in Las Vegas?

Lots of tourist stuff to do there and hotels worth seeing.

Brooks Travel Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kissimmee, FL
Member #

Have you already seen everything in Las Vegas?

Lots of tourist stuff to do there and hotels worth seeing.

We have a few things planned there the day we fly in and the next day. Seeing the main sights and hotels but we do not gamble. Just trying to see if there is anything not on the brochures that is not too hard to get to and will fit into the trip.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Wow, that is a crazy-busy agenda. Grand Canyon, especially south rim is a long way around, then over to So. Cal... seems like a lot of driving.
Lots of mentions above about what to see rather than drive so much, but that's just my 2 cents there. And if I were to pick, the North Rim is more scenic / less crowded.

FWIW. Dan.

Superduty

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Wow, that is a crazy-busy agenda. Grand Canyon, especially south rim is a long way around, then over to So. Cal... seems like a lot of driving.
Lots of mentions above about what to see rather than drive so much, but that's just my 2 cents there. And if I were to pick, the North Rim is more scenic / less crowded.

FWIW. Dan.

I agree with this. Waaaaay too much driving for such a short time.

A couple of quick things to see/do:

http://sevenmagicmountains.com/

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/nevada/this-nevada-car-forest-most-unique-places-explore/

What are your plans for Los Angeles?

Brooks Travel Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kissimmee, FL
Member #