US West Region Local Expert Las Vegas

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

This is the Las Vegas Chapter of Overland Bound. Our goal is to create monthly (or more) events that promote safety in numbers when out on the trail, cultivate friendships and explore our great state of Nevada and our neighbors, California, Utah and Arizona. If you have ideas for places to go explore, please post a comment!

OVRLND-Vegas

Rank I

Contributor III

Las Vegas
First Name
Jerel
Last Name
Howell
Howdy - I've been living here in vegas for just over 2 years now and haven't camped in years but I'm trying to get back into camping and, along with that, overlanding. I currently have a 2014 RAM 1500 that I'm working on getting a few things for like a bed rack, RTT and a few bits of camping gear that I don't already have and then it's off into the wilderness. Glad to be here and I'm hoping to learn of some good places to visit this spring.

Reactions: mwilson920

Mikemac

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Myrtle Creek, OR 97457, USA
First Name
MikeAndJennie
Last Name
MacEachern
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Great to meet everyone! We'd be coming from Fort Irwin, but hope to have the opportunity to come out and hang out in the desert around there, and get some coaching on off-roading. We've a 2016 F-150 that's basically stock.

Mike & Jennie

mwilson920

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I’m new to the group. Long time overlander and camper. I love to explore ghost towns and interesting areas. Any cool ghost towns between southern Utah and Las Vegas we can see?
I would also like to go thru moapa valley and take a trip to toroweap point.
welcome!!!

Reactions: J-Ace Scout

lil ford

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Las Vegas
First Name
HECTOR
Last Name
MALDONADO
Member #

hi all, im just west of downtown LV, I'm ecited to be able to go out with like minded people for some off-roading, ,camping, and exploring. I'm a novice but willing to learn n share. Theres a dirt road that goes from coyote springs to the Elgin school house and up to Caliente, NV that I'd like to do, just a thought.

MrMark

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas, NV, USA
Member #

I’m new to the group. Long time overlander and camper. I love to explore ghost towns and interesting areas. Any cool ghost towns between southern Utah and Las Vegas we can see?
toroweap point.! Ever since I got my Jeep I've been meaning to get back up there. Waiting for the snow to melt then I am heading out there!!

JoDrt

Rank I

Contributor III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Boswell
Member #

toroweap point.! Ever since I got my Jeep I\'ve been meaning to get back up there. Waiting for the snow to melt then I am heading out there!!
Toroweap is amazing, spent a few days there Thankgiving 2019, heading up there in two weeks for a couple of nights. Have to have a Backcountry Permit if you want to overnight, which I highly recommend!

KadenVentures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Kaden
Last Name
Galvez
Member #

This is the Las Vegas Chapter of Overland Bound. Our goal is to create monthly (or more) events that promote safety in numbers when out on the trail, cultivate friendships and explore our great state of Nevada and our neighbors, California, Utah and Arizona. If you have ideas for places to go explore, please post a comment!

Awesome picture Michelle ! It's great seeing this group come together

mwilson920

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

The Alamo road would be cool. I know we did Mormon well road already but it’s a little different.
I would like to do the Alamo Rd too. What concerns me is the chance of getting stuck in the poof dirt. Anyone done this road? What’s been your experience?