Large Door Decals?

• HTML tutorial

Gnasher_PNW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Graham, Washington
Member #

Overland Bound vehicle door decals, like some businesses use.

How difficult would it be to make?

I'd rock some large yellow/gray OB decals on my front doors.

rixham

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Frederick, MD
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Rixham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3NAZ
Were you thinking of as permanent decal or a magnetic one that you could put on for events, but take off for day to day driving? I would like to have one to for trail riders and trips, but not sure if I would want something that big on the side of my junk full time.

Reactions: Gnasher_PNW

Gnasher_PNW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Graham, Washington
Member #

Were you thinking of as permanent decal or a magnetic one that you could put on for events, but take off for day to day driving? I would like to have one to for trail riders and trips, but not sure if I would want something that big on the side of my junk full time.
Good thought.

I'd say magnetic. Our small stickers do the full time job!

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

Reactions: rixham

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

I have a Deadhead sticker in the back window of my LX (my nod to Don Henley's "Boys of Summer") but I can't see putting decals on my vehicles, especially large ones unless I drove a commercial vehicle and was advertising my business.

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

I have a Deadhead sticker in the back window of my LX (my nod to Don Henley's "Boys of Summer") but I can't see putting decals on my vehicles, especially large ones unless I drove a commercial vehicle and was advertising my business.
A magnet is the way to go, but if you are a lead vehicle in a Overland Bound trail ride or get together it would be sweet to have.

Reactions: CSG

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Overland Bound vehicle door decals, like some businesses use.
How difficult would it be to make?
I'd rock some large yellow/gray OB decals on my front doors.
You can have them made at many sign shops. I plumber I know had them made at a nearby local Sign-a-rama shop (https://www.signarama.com/products/magnetic-signs). Staples and Office Depot/Max offer them as well.
If you want to DIY check out https://www.magnetking.com/#Circlessquares where you can order blanks then print to vinyl or use something like a Cricuit to cut out a simple 2 color design then apply the "sticker" to the magnet. Not sure what the OB rules are for using the logo, but I think that I've seen Michael or Corey grant permission for Trail cleanup leaders to print larger flags before.

@Michael or @Corey is there a posting for permissible use of the OB logo by members? If so is the artwork available?

Boort