Nathaniel

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN
First Name
Nathaniel
Last Name
K
My schedule is still up in the air right now, but if I make it I'll most likely be leaving Hendersonville sometime Friday. I'm not certain what must haves you're referring to, if it's vehicle mods or camping supplies, but here's some of the things that I usually try to have.
Water (on avg a gallon a day)
Food
Snacks (for when you're on the trails)
Toilet Paper
Baby Wipes
Camp Chair for around the fire
Flashlight/lantern
First aid kit
Recovery points on your vehicle in case you need to be pulled out or pull someone else out.
Extra shoes and socks

I'm sure others could add to the list, but this will get you through most camping weekends pretty well.
That is a good list, and I encourage you to bring anything that you would typically take camping. I would not worry about vehicle modifications, there are plenty of great trails that can be driven in a stock 4x4.

Let's try to rendezvous at the South Welcome Station in Dover, TN at 12:30 PM on Saturday the 21st. Here are the coordinates for the welcome station: 36.520124, -87.917709. I plan on leaving Nashville at 10AM Saturday morning. PM me if you would like to meet up and caravan at that time.

4runnerteq

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Paducah, KY, USA
First Name
Jackie
Last Name
Barker
So hey, Im on the north end of LBL nearly every weekend.May try to meet up with you guys for a day or maybe camp. Have a camp spot picked yet? Done a lot of the 300 series roads and Im pretty adamant about staying to the trail and not causing any more damage if possible. Lots of people come up here and tear up, drive illegal roads and make their own paths, not into that at all. Some roads have already been closed due to abuse. Being a local, not very happy about that at all. All that being said, I look forward to meeting you guys.

4runnerteq

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Paducah, KY, USA
First Name
Jackie
Last Name
Barker
BTW, if its not already reserved you could get Colson Group Camp, its $50 for the whole weekend, has a pit toilet and a large fire pit and some tables.

Nathaniel

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN
First Name
Nathaniel
Last Name
K
So hey, Im on the north end of LBL nearly every weekend.May try to meet up with you guys for a day or maybe camp. Have a camp spot picked yet? Done a lot of the 300 series roads and Im pretty adamant about staying to the trail and not causing any more damage if possible. Lots of people come up here and tear up, drive illegal roads and make their own paths, not into that at all. Some roads have already been closed due to abuse. Being a local, not very happy about that at all. All that being said, I look forward to meeting you guys.
You're welcome to meet up if you get a chance! I grew up in the area and absolutely agree about respecting the resources, and being a good steward of what we have. I am familiar with some of the more recent road closures after a certain vehicle specific forum had a meet up there. I believe that the people here have a greater respect for the land, and aren't just looking to party and tear things up.

Colt Mansfield

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Colt
Last Name
Mansfield
Member #

I’m still planning on being there. I can meet up in Nashville to caravan there also.

What do you guys use for comms? I still haven’t invested in any solution for that.

Reactions: TheRealMcCoy

TheRealMcCoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fayetteville, TN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREL219
I’m still planning on being there. I can meet up in Nashville to caravan there also.

What do you guys use for comms? I still haven’t invested in any solution for that.
I like you am still looking into communication gear other than the old CB and Handheld walkie that is about my limit. Started up an interest in the Ham but that is totally new to me...

Nathaniel

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN
First Name
Nathaniel
Last Name
K
Same here. I have been planning to take the ham test, but I haven't really worried about comms as I don't typically go out with a group.

TheRealMcCoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fayetteville, TN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREL219
What time do you folks plan on being at the entry point at LBL?, is the location of the start point the same? I plan on meeting there because it's another 40 minutes of drive time to head into Nashville and then to Dover. I shoot up and across 840.

36.52-1240,-87.9177090

Nathaniel

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN
First Name
Nathaniel
Last Name
K
What time do you folks plan on being at the entry point at LBL?, is the location of the start point the same? I plan on meeting there because it's another 40 minutes of drive time to head into Nashville and then to Dover. I shoot up and across 840.

36.52-1240,-87.9177090
I plan on being at the South Welcome Station at 12:30 PM Saturday. For anyone that is still planning on coming let me know so we have an idea of who to wait for.

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

Hey all!

Have we decided on a camp spot? I will be taking the day to scout hunting areas, but I'd like to meet up with everyone at basecamp for dinner/shenanigans.

I would prefer the dispersed camping (included with the $7 permit). IMHO Neville bay could fit all of us easily, and it's pretty close to the south entrance.

Nathaniel

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN
First Name
Nathaniel
Last Name
K
Hey all!

Have we decided on a camp spot? I will be taking the day to scout hunting areas, but I'd like to meet up with everyone at basecamp for dinner/shenanigans.

I would prefer the dispersed camping (included with the $7 permit). IMHO Neville bay could fit all of us easily, and it's pretty close to the south entrance.
I've never camped down there, but I'm open to anything. I typically like the end of 392, or a spot across the cove from it if it's just 1 or 2 vehicles. Do you have the coordinates for the Neville bay spot?

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

Don't have coords, but this address will get you there Neville Bay Lake Access, Dover, TN 37058.

392 is beautiful, I'd be down for that. Will that fit us?