Labor Day weekend trip. North Ga, Tn, NC area

• HTML tutorial

DMill556

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Dawsonville, Ga
Member #

Hey all, I want do a 2 night trip on Labor Day weekend coming up at the end of the month. I would like to find a good place to trail ride and camp in north Ga Tn Nc area and wanted to see if anyone want to meet up and join me. It would be me and my wife going. If anyone has suggestions on some good camping spot preferably not a camp ground in this area I'm open to it. I was thinking maybe close to the nantahala river, or on the north west side of Ga in the Cohutta wilderness, or maybe do parts or all of the Ga travers.

Last edited:

jtranum

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cleveland, MS
Member #

We are planning on being in the East Tennessee and Nantahala area as well during labor day weekend and also looking for good trails and campsites.

DMill556

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Dawsonville, Ga
Member #

We are planning on being in the East Tennessee and Nantahala area as well during labor day weekend and also looking for good trails and campsites.
I'm not familiar with the area, I was hoping by posting this thread someone that lives near the area would help with some suggestions on trails and camping.

Logan_Gibson

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central Alabama
Member #

The Lower Cohutta was pretty crowded last year, On the Upper east side (around FS22) it was less crowded.

The Entire traverse might be pretty nice, We will be on the Eastern Side of the traverse ( I like it more than the Western portions).

Not sure on the weather, but hoping for some cooler temps.

Bobby Young

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Franklin,NC
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Young
Member #

Sorry, new to the post. If y'all are ever in the western part of North Carolina. Hit me up. We have a lot of great mountains to play in.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: ASHTEN CORNELIUS

MacsDaddy

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Reidsville, NC
Member #

Yes.. a stock right should make it through without any issues.. it's not very technical, just a nice scenic drive

sent from two turntables and a microphone. #7752