US Southwest Labor Day Run to New Mexico(FULL)

• HTML tutorial

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
Okay y'all I'm going to have to bail on you and not meet up with y'all this weekend. I got an email from the US Forest service in Washington saying that they leave it up to each ranger district to allow the vendors that run the campgrounds to determine who gets a discount and who doesn't so here in the Sacramento ranger district of the Lincoln national Forest they allow their vendor to give discounts to America the beautiful card holders and seniors. And if you have a disability and have an America the beautiful access card because of your disability you're denied a discount and discriminated against. Because of that I am not going to stay period in the Sacramento ranger district area. Now I've talked to the Smoky bear district in Ruidoso and they do not have that policy so I may go there or may go back to the BLM land I was on in Capitan. So it will be a little drive but I will meet up with y'all to give you the food that I bought for the meal just keep in touch with me. Sorry but I just can't stay in some place that will discriminate against somebody with a disability whether they're a veteran or not and I'm a highly disappointed in the US for service allowing that to happen.

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
We rarely stay in established campgrounds
Yeah I understand but I had so many resources to put on the OB map that I wanted to have a picnic table set my laptop on it and get those coordinates and pictures put in maybe it's because I taught special ed for 35 years that maybe I'm a little more sensitive about it but if that's your policy that's our policy at Sacramento ranger district in the Lincoln Forest doesn't mean I have to spend my money there

Reactions: Sparksalot

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
Maybe I'll change my mind before Friday but either way I'll make sure I get the food that I have for the meal to y'all

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
Now that I'm over being butthurt I will see you guys on Friday. I also posted an apology to the community on the thread that I started about having my access card denied and so that apology also goes to y'all.

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Eagle Mountain, Utah, United States
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

Now that I'm over being butthurt I will see you guys on Friday. I also posted an apology to the community on the thread that I started about having my access card denied and so that apology also goes to y'all.
The spot got filled. We thought you were out. Sorry man.

Reactions: Boppa's Travels

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
The spot got filled. We thought you were out. Sorry man.
Not problem because that was my fault but I still want y'all to have this food.