Rank V

Advocate I

Orlando
First Name
Jehad
Last Name
Hannoush
Member #

Hello , Stopping by Knoxville TN for 2 days any good trail to run , beside Windrock .

awesomezebra

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Bradley
Last Name
Swope
Member #

Did you find any trails? I'm heading to Knoxville to see some family for the Holidays. We're planning to go to Pisgah National Forest and do some trail riding

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

Tell us more about Royal Blue. What are the trails like? Is there a map that can be linked? I've done Windrock several times but never Royal Blue, but I've always been curious about it.

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

Thank you! Those are great, but I should have been more specific. Is there an official map from whoever runs the place? Such as a website for where you would pay and get a permit? I'm seeing all kinds of things but not an official place like Windrock has.

Also, has anyone run Royal Blue in a Jeep, truck, or SUV? All the pics I see seem to be UTVs and ATVs. And the places I've seen where you can buy permits don't say anything about on-road vehicles, but again, seem to just apply to UTVs and ATVs.

Update: I found this. So it looks like there are some Jeep trails in there, but many more ATV only. Resources - Ride Royal Blue Resort

I'd love to hear from anyone who has run them in a truck/Jeep/SUV to hear their thoughts on it.

Last edited:

10ECTaco

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Friendsville, TN, USA
First Name
R
Last Name
Stone
I've been up their in my jeep several times but not in the last 10yrs or so. It wasn't anything to extreme though if you looked hard enough I'm sure you could find it.

Royal Blue is TWRA run so you may find an official map there as well as permit info.

try here

Reactions: DanW

Ronin1057

Rank II

Contributor III

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Username Ronin1057
Member #

Any good places to start for dispersed camping in the Cherokee (other than Citico creek)?
I’m new to the forums and over landing in general so any help is greatly appreciated