First Name
Robert
Last Name
Desrosiers
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM716
Hey all,
Looks like from what Ive seen is that ARB seems to be the standard air compressor?
One ARB I have seen online that puts out something like 6.16 CFM portable twin cylinder with a tank is around $800.00 retail, I am sure it can be found cheaper.
I was in a Northern Tool the other day and they have a small compressor made by Klutch that puts out 5.3 cfm /150 lbs, 45 amps 12 v for $139.00????? So yeah its not an ARB, it has a 1 year guarantee but I literally could put 2 on my rig, one as a spare for 60% less than an ARB. Not trying to compare the two manf. because I assume that the ARB has a stellar record, but just nuts and bolts comp the Klutch is right up there with CFM. The one thing I cant find is the Duty rating on the Klutch and the ARB is 100% so there's that..... Anyone have any experience or knowledge of this brand?

flex

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tulare, California, United States
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Army
I don't have any experience with either one, but I am looking into getting the ARB for my Jeep to install under the passenger seat, with a two and a half gallon tank at the rear of the Jeep.

However, I did buy a VIAIR dual pack with a 5 gallon tank for my Chevy Duramax Diesel and really like it a lot. It has functioned flawlessly and runs my air tools consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk