KISS - Running Water

• HTML tutorial

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

Sometimes it's easy to get wrapped up with technology and gear.
I sat pondering how to get running water in the back of the Jeep for a while before it clicked it - just siphon it out! A $2.00 piece of tubing and a spare cap for the Rotopax can gives me running water in the back of the Jeep.

Sure, Rotopax cans are quick and simple, but when the back of the Jeep is loaded, it was getting to be more work to move things out of the way, undo a can, pour some water and put it all back together than it was worth. $2.00 and some suction gives me flowing water!
"Keep It Stupid Simple"... or is that "Keep It Simple, Stupid"?

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Good idea! I have been looking at the Rotopax for awhile, I just haven't pulled the trigger and bought any, yet.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

My system is similar, but slightly less simple. I have four 3.5 gallons WaterBricks and use a 12V pump from Amazon that I drop into the brick. That way I have a little pressure for washing off boots, hands, etc. I still have to take the brick out to do this, so the idea of adding a spare lid with the pump inline is appealing.

Nomad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

I just ordered one of them shower hose things off ebay cheep wanting it for double duty shower/kitchen duty.