Kia Sorento build

• HTML tutorial

offroadohio

Rank IV

Advocate II

i had a look on sorento nation and there is a 2013 on there with the 2" puck on the front and the 2" on the rear with a spring to giving 3" of rear lift ...... now what will limit the 2" on the 2014 model? and also with the 6 speed auto its can handle some steady crawling the factor that really limits me is the 2.4 engine......... i lack torque and need to rev it to make the power and in an ideal world the low gear would help that just so i can use the torque of the BETA 2 engine better. so the limited slip was factory in yours..hmm wish i had that but the traction control does do an amazing job and got me out of many cross axle situation up to date.
I could be thinking the 15 or 16 up. I don't have one that new so running on memory on that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Luis Merlo

stuart hobson

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Radville, Saskatchewan
Member #

yeah i bought it in 2013 as a "2014" model .......looking at the suspension set up it looks that same as the 2004 freelander i had ......... going to build the pucks and see worse case i have to take them off again lol
I know they improved/revised the suspension in the 15- models so that might be a limiting factor but like i said ill see what happens when i fit it :)

Reactions: Luis Merlo

offroadohio

Rank IV

Advocate II

It is an 03. Which is a completely differant platform than yours.

First gen has full frame, rear wheel drive configuration with low range tcase

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

stuart hobson

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Radville, Saskatchewan
Member #

hey any news on the face book page im thinking of starting the lift kit for the kia so would love to speak to people to see if any bod has lifted the 2014 AWD.... on another note im looking into building a.....erm... suppose it would be called an "under frame" ...as the Kia is unibodied it has no frame/chassis so going to look at building like a skeleton under it so i can mount the rock sliders and also have a good front and rear jackable bumpers and recover points that would spread the towing force over all of the body to stop any damaged from happening when i get stuck and need a tow.