Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
if I can make it out saturday morning at what time will you be arriving at musterground? also is the plan to camp dispersed on saturday night at one of the campsites along the FS roads?
We'll either be doing Gorges or Musterground (potentially portions of both if the gate at the SC/NC border between the two areas is open) and we'll do a start time of 10am. I'll let everyone know a few days ahead of time which one we'll start at so anyone who's not camping Friday night can meet up with us.

As for camping, we'll be at Keowee-Toxaway campground for both Friday and Saturday night.

Reactions: AlphaJD

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Chainsaw with a SHARPENED chain. If I come I'll bring mine with a fresh chain, but it all depends on how that James River trip goes.
Haha, for real. We might have done better by taking the chain off and hacking at the trees with the bare bar. :laughing:

Last edited:

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Haha, for real. We might have done better by hacking at the trees with the bare bar. :laughing:
It would have been a much shorter trip if we had to hack that stuff with handsaws and hatchets. I'm even going to drop the saw off to be serviced at the end of the month and I'm going to get it tuned up. I'll get all of my chains sharpened at the same time so they will be fresh and hungry. I put a new chain on a week or two ago when I had to cut up a dead fall near my fence line and it went through a 20" diameter oak like hot butter.

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
It would have been a much shorter trip if we had to hack that stuff with handsaws and hatchets. I'm even going to drop the saw off to be serviced at the end of the month and I'm going to get it tuned up. I'll get all of my chains sharpened at the same time so they will be fresh and hungry. I put a new chain on a week or two ago when I had to cut up a dead fall near my fence line and it went through a 20" diameter oak like hot butter.
That sounds like a trip confirmation to me. :grinning:

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

That sounds like a trip confirmation to me. :grinning:
If there was a "Definitely Maybe" option I would choose that one. If I do come at this point I'll have to piggyback someone else's spot or go on down the road to Burrell's or somewhere. I'm playing it loose.

It's time for the saw to be serviced anyway. I've gotta have it ready to go so I don't have trees clogging ditches or blocking the driveway.

I ain't got no fancy HOA or maintenance crews like you city folk!
1430_579424702112581_413158367_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Apdski

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Horse Pasture is an option also, the gate at the top will be open while we are in the area
Definitely. The view at Jumping Off Rock is awesome.

Shooting Tree Ridge that branches off of Horse Pasture should be open as well and it's a neat trail that snakes down through the powerlines up there.

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
If there was a "Definitely Maybe" option I would choose that one. If I do come at this point I'll have to piggyback someone else's spot or go on down the road to Burrell's or somewhere. I'm playing it loose.

It's time for the saw to be serviced anyway. I've gotta have it ready to go so I don't have trees clogging ditches or blocking the driveway.

I ain't got no fancy HOA or maintenance crews like you city folk!
View attachment 169655
Don't forget to trim the bushes.

Reactions: thermorex

JasKolp

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
I dunno that I'll make the trip. Didn't get the new job and now my ML is in the shop due to a shut off issue when stopped for a minute after being run for awhile. Might be something with the fuel system or a sensor. It's at my mechanic and I should know what it is next week, but I dunno how much it'll cost.

Money is hella tight thanks to not getting any higher paying ranger job this year, so I'm leaning towards not going because it'll probably take me at minimum a couple months to pay the repair off...

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

If @Sasquatch SC is running that dull chain again he made need back-up :smiley:
I haven't hit the trails without a fresh chain installed and a backup in the box since that trip. I learned my lesson! I replaced the bar recently and it ran hard a few weeks ago. I am taking it for service next week. Getting the chain oil jet cleaned, new plug and wire, carb rebuilt, so it should be ready to do it's duty.

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
I haven't hit the trails without a fresh chain installed and a backup in the box since that trip. I learned my lesson! I replaced the bar recently and it ran hard a few weeks ago. I am taking it for service next week. Getting the chain oil jet cleaned, new plug and wire, carb rebuilt, so it should be ready to do it's duty.
Hopefully we won't need to use it this time!

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Again, all I'm hearing here is confirmation that you'll be joining us. :laughing: