First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
(I'm just seeing this now, lol)
I wanna go but might be getting a new job this week, so I'll know next week or so if I can get that weekend. Was supposed to go camping in February/March this year when the pandemic started and didn't go because at the time I thought it would be just a minor hick-up in my plans...never went camping and last October was when I last went, haha. Its been a messy year, and some social-distancing camping sounds like an amazing thing to do in October.

Reactions: Apdski

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
What does everyone suggest?
I think the Trail Side site is kinda far. Think it shows it at 2 miles. While thats great for a hike and camp all weekend. Not so much for back and forth, and gear is set to be near vehicle.
Hey JD, that's awesome that you'll be joining us! As for that camping spot, yeah, you're definitely not going to want to stay there. It's a decent hike in to those tent sites.

You should be good to just squeeze in with one of us at one of the sites we already have. @Staticline40 and @JButtress , I think it was a bit tight when you guys shared a spot last year but definitely doable, yeah?

Reactions: AlphaJD

AlphaJD

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, New Mexico, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Duggan
Member #

Hey JD, that's awesome that you'll be joining us! As for that camping spot, yeah, you're definitely not going to want to stay there. It's a decent hike in to those tent sites.

You should be good to just squeeze in with one of us at one of the sites we already have. @Staticline40 and @JButtress , I think it was a bit tight when you guys shared a spot last year but definitely doable, yeah?
Thank you I'd appreciate it. Not really geared for hiking 2 miles and camping. lol Just read that the sites are easier to get to via kayak/canoe. lol

Reactions: Trevor Atchley

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Thank you I'd appreciate it. Not really geared for hiking 2 miles and camping. lol Just read that the sites are easier to get to via kayak/canoe. lol
Ha, yes, that is actually true. :laughing:

Are you running a ground tent or roof-top?

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired

no problem, we can make it work

ziggy stardust

Rank II

Enthusiast III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
aaron
Last Name
von
Member #

if I can make it out saturday morning at what time will you be arriving at musterground? also is the plan to camp dispersed on saturday night at one of the campsites along the FS roads?