Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Blythewood SC
First Name
Bailey
Last Name
C
Member #

I’m starting to get stuff together to build an overland rack for my truck Im wanting to do a tent and a kayak rack at the same to save bed space. My question is it possible I can’t find where any one has done it. I’m trying to not pull a trailer as my truck is already a crew cab long bed

Delux2769

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lakewood, CO, USA
Member #

Yes, this is completely plausible. I actually just did an install similar to this a couple weeks ago... All you need is a quality rack setup with bars that are long enough.

Here is the setup we did on this F250. It has a Yakima setup with 70" crossbars and tracks on the bed for adjustability.

As you can see, there is plenty of room for a larger tent by moving the kayak rack more over. It's also super simple to install tracks! Any questions, just shoot me a PM!

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I’m starting to get stuff together to build an overland rack for my truck Im wanting to do a tent and a kayak rack at the same to save bed space. My question is it possible I can’t find where any one has done it. I’m trying to not pull a trailer as my truck is already a crew cab long bed
I upgraded your membership. You will still need to fill out your profile with name Use anything for last name (initial or grip or anything), put your region, and select if you want to show on the map or not and there are some other preferences to decide, once that is complete, all done!

Jim