Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
I think we start small. I love the idea of just grabbing some food somewhere. Maybe we link up and drive to Stong City. Meet up with BikeHauler at the Ad Astra? Just a day trip. I also enjoy a little wrenching. It seems to develop some decent comradery. I have a nice shop and most tools anyone would need.
I like the sound of this!

Kryllac

Rank III

Influencer II

Spring Hill, KS, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Meiring
Honestly it would be really cool to talk maps. I'm 18 so I've been using a GPS my whole life. Which needs to change if I plan to get into some more serous overlanding
@Bobert_60, if you ever want to take a day or two learning map skills I could help out! I am located in Spring Hill just on the southern border of Johnson County. I have been using terrain and maps since my parents let me run free out in the country side since we don't live in town. I know how to use a compass, but have never actually used one as I have been all about primitive survival skills (sun/star reading, terrain association, map reading).

BAMbam90

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Alma, KS, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Toney
Member #

I would be down for a meet up as well, I try to camp a lot this time of year and usually plan out 100 mile+ backroad and low maint road trips to explore the area.

BAMbam90

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Alma, KS, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Toney
Member #

If this weather ever stops being a shit show, I would be down for a meet up or a weekend out.
SOUNDS GOOD I AM TRYING TO STAY CONNECTED THROUGH HERE, BUT IT MAY BE A FEW WEEKS i AM CLEANING UP THE 4RUNNER AND SWAPPING OUT A FEW FRONT END PARTS BEFORE I DO ANOTHER BIGGER TRIP.

Kryllac

Rank III

Influencer II

Spring Hill, KS, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Meiring
SOUNDS GOOD I AM TRYING TO STAY CONNECTED THROUGH HERE, BUT IT MAY BE A FEW WEEKS i AM CLEANING UP THE 4RUNNER AND SWAPPING OUT A FEW FRONT END PARTS BEFORE I DO ANOTHER BIGGER TRIP.
I am also trying to connect through here. Is there any trails out there near you? I know the feeling. Fixing small end things lately to get the Jeep how I like it but my budget is limited. I may be going up to Kickapoo trail for a trail clean up in a couple weeks when it dries up a bit from all this rain.

BAMbam90

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Alma, KS, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Toney
Member #

YES, I AM IN WABAUNSEE COUNTY WHICH IS 960 SQUARE MILES AND HAS HUNDREDS OF MILES OF GRAVEL AND LOW MAINTENANCE ROAD WAYS, A FEW WATER CROSSINGS, AND SOME HAIRY TRAILS ON OCCASION. I HAVE SEEN PICTURES OF THE CALIFORNIA TRAIL HEAD SIGN HERE IN KANSAS BUT DOING RESEARCH I CAN NEVER FIND OUT WHERE IT IS TO GO. ONCE I GET THE 4RUNNER PAINTED AND PUT BACK TOGETHER I AM PLANNING A TRIP OR TWO BETWEEN GEARY COUNTY AND JACKSON COUNTY KS AS WELL.

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
You can drive parts of the original California Trail just north of Troy, KS. It is a nice addition to the short Kickapoo Route and gets you closer to White Cloud, which is a cool near ghost town with the 4 States Overlook.

tridoc

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Prairie Village, KS, USA
First Name
marty
Last Name
gilmore
Member #

very late to this thread.
I like the idea of a flint hill meet up and some good campin', cooking, and suds.
fall is, of course, wonderful in Kansas.
Kansas city guy here.
my experience is this:
some brave soul sets a weekend (maybe Thursday thru sinday), sets the place and a tentative agenda, and "voila" it happens!

Reactions: Correus

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hey Guys,

@igtyr6 is the member rep in your area. He has created a rally point. Check it out.

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
Howdy to all around KC,
I am flying in Oct 3rd to pick up a Transit that is being built at the Factory there and then roadtrip 4500 miles as it gets built out for SEMA Nov 3rd.....
At this point I assume I will be around through that weekend.

Would be great to meet any locals and check out some BBQ and hear what life in the Great Plains is like.
I am in Phoenix now but grew up in Amarillo and always wondered about the flatlands to the north :)

Once I hit the road it will be crazy getting to Sportsmobile, Quadvan, Aluminess and all the other partners along the way, so I could use some friendly relaxing before the insanity begins.

Feel free to message me or reply here.

Wildcat77

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Manhattan, KS, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Comfort
Member #

Is there any interest in doing a OB Kansas meet in 2019? I know there is some overlap with Konza Overland, but an OB member meet would be good fun. Thoughts?
Any update on this meetup? I'm pretty new to overlanding and would love to meet some people.