Kansas Members??

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

adventure_is_necessary

Rank VI

Influencer III

Emporia, KS
Member #

I think we start small. I love the idea of just grabbing some food somewhere. Maybe we link up and drive to Stong City. Meet up with BikeHauler at the Ad Astra? Just a day trip. I also enjoy a little wrenching. It seems to develop some decent comradery. I have a nice shop and most tools anyone would need.
I like the sound of this!

Kryllac

Rank I

Contributor II

Spring Hill, KS, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Meiring
Honestly it would be really cool to talk maps. I'm 18 so I've been using a GPS my whole life. Which needs to change if I plan to get into some more serous overlanding
@Bobert_60, if you ever want to take a day or two learning map skills I could help out! I am located in Spring Hill just on the southern border of Johnson County. I have been using terrain and maps since my parents let me run free out in the country side since we don't live in town. I know how to use a compass, but have never actually used one as I have been all about primitive survival skills (sun/star reading, terrain association, map reading).

BAMbam90

Rank I

Contributor I

Alma, KS, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Toney
Member #

I would be down for a meet up as well, I try to camp a lot this time of year and usually plan out 100 mile+ backroad and low maint road trips to explore the area.

BAMbam90

Rank I

Contributor I

Alma, KS, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Toney
Member #

If this weather ever stops being a shit show, I would be down for a meet up or a weekend out.
SOUNDS GOOD I AM TRYING TO STAY CONNECTED THROUGH HERE, BUT IT MAY BE A FEW WEEKS i AM CLEANING UP THE 4RUNNER AND SWAPPING OUT A FEW FRONT END PARTS BEFORE I DO ANOTHER BIGGER TRIP.

Kryllac

Rank I

Contributor II

Spring Hill, KS, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Meiring
SOUNDS GOOD I AM TRYING TO STAY CONNECTED THROUGH HERE, BUT IT MAY BE A FEW WEEKS i AM CLEANING UP THE 4RUNNER AND SWAPPING OUT A FEW FRONT END PARTS BEFORE I DO ANOTHER BIGGER TRIP.
I am also trying to connect through here. Is there any trails out there near you? I know the feeling. Fixing small end things lately to get the Jeep how I like it but my budget is limited. I may be going up to Kickapoo trail for a trail clean up in a couple weeks when it dries up a bit from all this rain.

BAMbam90

Rank I

Contributor I

Alma, KS, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Toney
Member #

YES, I AM IN WABAUNSEE COUNTY WHICH IS 960 SQUARE MILES AND HAS HUNDREDS OF MILES OF GRAVEL AND LOW MAINTENANCE ROAD WAYS, A FEW WATER CROSSINGS, AND SOME HAIRY TRAILS ON OCCASION. I HAVE SEEN PICTURES OF THE CALIFORNIA TRAIL HEAD SIGN HERE IN KANSAS BUT DOING RESEARCH I CAN NEVER FIND OUT WHERE IT IS TO GO. ONCE I GET THE 4RUNNER PAINTED AND PUT BACK TOGETHER I AM PLANNING A TRIP OR TWO BETWEEN GEARY COUNTY AND JACKSON COUNTY KS AS WELL.

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Pathfinder I

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
KE0EBF
You can drive parts of the original California Trail just north of Troy, KS. It is a nice addition to the short Kickapoo Route and gets you closer to White Cloud, which is a cool near ghost town with the 4 States Overlook.

tridoc

Rank I

Member I

Prairie Village, KS, USA
First Name
marty
Last Name
gilmore
Member #

very late to this thread.
I like the idea of a flint hill meet up and some good campin', cooking, and suds.
fall is, of course, wonderful in Kansas.
Kansas city guy here.
my experience is this:
some brave soul sets a weekend (maybe Thursday thru sinday), sets the place and a tentative agenda, and "voila" it happens!

Reactions: Correus

Cendee

US Rocky Mountain Region Director
Benefactor
Supporter

Pathfinder I

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hey Guys,

@igtyr6 is the member rep in your area. He has created a rally point. Check it out.

oneleglance

Rank 0

Contributor I

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham Callsign
KE7NKP
Howdy to all around KC,
I am flying in Oct 3rd to pick up a Transit that is being built at the Factory there and then roadtrip 4500 miles as it gets built out for SEMA Nov 3rd.....
At this point I assume I will be around through that weekend.

Would be great to meet any locals and check out some BBQ and hear what life in the Great Plains is like.
I am in Phoenix now but grew up in Amarillo and always wondered about the flatlands to the north :)

Once I hit the road it will be crazy getting to Sportsmobile, Quadvan, Aluminess and all the other partners along the way, so I could use some friendly relaxing before the insanity begins.

Feel free to message me or reply here.