Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
Went for a bit of a drive out to one of our local camp spots today and was just horrified with the state it has been left in broken beer bottles every where and trees hacked into just for fun it's just wrong people wonder why tracks and camp sites are being closed :(20160417_140926.jpg 20160417_140937.jpg

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Lets go break some knee caps, then they will think twice before doing it again!

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

This seems to be a reoccurring issue that is spreading across the country. A lot of the high school kids out here have found out the forest service rarely patrols the trails and they can do anything. It's sad that I have to avoid the first 20 minutes of trails in the black hills because they are littered with broken glass and bullet casings. Many trees have literally been shot down from using them as target practice. The damage is to great for a few people to clean up unfortunately and the forest service can not do anything to stop it.

Brentski

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boulder Drive, Roswell, GA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

Oh man, I feel you. when I was a more active diver I always surfaced with my catch bag, or b.c. Pockets full of trash from the reefs fishing line, lures beer cans etc. now when hiking or camping. I always end up leaving with whatever trash I can find. It sucks there is a need to pick up after others, but I feel like if I do, I'm buying time before the trails get closed. I always have a few extra shopping bags and trash bags with me in my gear.

Reactions: Daniel Etter

Philbobagginz

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Brick, NJ
Member #

I see this all the time in NJ, no one has respect for anything anymore and it's a shame. I try to do what I can and remove some trash, but my team of 3 can only do so much.

Reactions: Huerta32

Dunco

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
Thats just sad. Were you able to clean up?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Overland Bound Talk mobile app
Yeh we did ended up with 4 big bags a crap
Just read this in todays paper. "Extremely Rare Fish Found Dead After Drunk Idiots Vandalize Death Valley National Park". Good news is they identified the three stooges and I'm sure they wont be back to Death Valley again.

http://adventure-journal.com/2016/05/park-service-ids-drunks-who-went-wild-in-death-valley/
Thats awesome good to see some action taken

Reactions: Mike G